Velas Turtle Festival 2019
Travel Trikon Presents Velas Turtle Festival 2019 for all those who wish to embark on a memorable sojourn with fellow trikoners to witness the rare and scarce sea turtles at the Golden Sand Beach of Velas. Unarguably, Velas is also one of the popular breeding sites of Olive Ridley Turtle. This is the best time to visit Velas to experience breeding of turtle at Velas Turtle festival.
This Year visit Velas for the much talked about Velas Turtle Festival. Greet those tiny creatures and see them hatch eggs during the Velas turtle festival.
Eco-tourism Trip and Awareness
Velas Turtle Festival is not just about little turtles hatching season and the beautiful beaches, there something more to it. Olive Ridley Turtles are one of the more endangered species of turtle. To protect and conserve these turtles, the Marine Conservation Society hosts this turtle festival at Velas every year to spread awareness and promote eco-tourism.
23:00 - Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Shivaji Nagar
Pickup from Aundh , Wakad , Hinjewadi , Paud
Overnight Journey to Velas
05:00 am - Reach Velas
06:00 am - Freshen up & Get ready for the first visit
06:30 am - Introduction round & Watch the hatching
08:00 am - Come back to the village for breakfast
10:00 am - Leave for Bankot fort
11:00 am - Reach Bankot fort & Explore
12:30 pm - Leave from Bankot fort
01:30 pm - Have lunch
04:00 pm - Visit the Beach for Turtle hatching & Sunset
06:30 pm - Watch Informative Documentary
07:30 pm - Play fun games
08:30 pm - Dinnner & Night strolling
10:00 pm - Hit your bed & retire for the day
06:00 am - Wake up Call
06:30 am - Wake up and leave for Velas beach for the last sighting
08:00 am - Come back to home stay & Have breakfast
10:00 am - Leave for Harihareshwar beach
11:30 am - Visit temple and spend some time besides the beach
12:30 pm - Have delicious Konkani Delicacies
03:30 pm - Start return journey
09:30 pm - Reach Pune (Tentatively)
Batch 1 : 09th - 10th March 2019
Batch 2 : 16th - 17th March 2019
Batch 3 : 23rd - 24th March 2019
Batch 4 : 30th - 31st March 2019
Batch 5 : 6th - 7th April 2019
- Enjoy eating delicious Home Made food by locals
- Stay at Local Huts & Houses
- Visit Harihareshwar beach and Historical Bankot fort
- An amazing road trip across the swaying palms of Konkan
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Pune to Pune by Private Non Ac Bus
- Entry charges
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Saturday Breakfast, Lunch , Evening Tea / Coffee , Dinner & Sunday Breakfast , Lunch
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Camera charges
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, Sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process; Travel Trikon won’t be held responsible for low or no hatchings, though the dates are fixed as per the maximum probability.
- The above beaches in and around Velas have strong RIP currents so you won’t be allowed to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards and attempt swimming.
- Velas has good facility of washroom at the home stays.
- Network is quite poor at Velas though the other destinations offer fair connectivity.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.