Tikona Fort Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Tikona is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. Tikona Fort located near Kamshet around 60 kms from Pune. This tall hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "Triangle". Tikona Fort is a proud host to a temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', seven water tanks and the Satvahan caves. Once at the top of the fort, one should definitely catch the views of the Pawna lake & dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur.
Let’s come together and conquer the historical wonder Tikona Fort which has many viewpoints and ruined fortifications. It’s time to pull up your socks and get going…. Because You’re Worth It!
Fairly accessible via an easy/ moderate climb and dotted with rocky patches, the Tikona Fort also known as Vitandgad, is a perfect trekking destination for all those who wish to combine leisure with adventure. It’s a great way to take a break from the daily routine and submit your soul to nature. Ideal for first timers, this mesmeric fort is indeed scalable and also has rock-cut stairs to give you a regal feel.
Day 1 - Sunday, 1st September 2019
05:50 am: Meet Travel Trikon at Pune Railway Station at 06:00 am
06:00 am: Catch Pune - Lonavala Local at 06:30 am
07:30 am : Get Down at Kamshet
08:00 am : Take Local Transport to reach Tikona Fort Base Village
09:00 am : Reach base village and Enjoy breakfast
10:00 am : Introduction session
10:15 am : Start the trek
11:45 pm : Reach the top, enjoy the view
12:00 pm : Explore the Fort
01:00 pm : Start Descending towards base village
02:00 pm : Reach Base Village and have Lunch
02:30 pm : Proceed towards Kamshet Railway Station
03:30 pm : Reach Kamshet Station
04:00 pm : Catch Lonavala - Pune Local
05:00 pm : Reach Pune Station.
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (Optional)
- Medicines (As per personal requirement)
- Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito Repellant, Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone, etc. in polythene bags while packing
- Wear shoes with a good grip
- Use insect repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand, etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Important Information: Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
- Understand the historical importance and legacy of Tikona Fort
- View of Pawna lake from the top of Tikona Fort
- Tikona Fort exploration- Huge gates, a temple, natural water tank
- A hundred steep stone-cut steps, a cave on the trail
- Ridge connecting fort and mountains
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Local Transport from Kamshet to Kamshet
- Food: Breakfast & Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusions
- Pune to Kamshet & Return Transport Charges