Astrologers use them to predict future and sailors follow them to navigate high seas. Stars, despite being tiny dots in the sky, store a plethora of information about worlds beyond Earth. From astronomy to mythology, stars have contributed to every field of knowledge. Hidden among those constellations, are trivial but interesting facts and stories. Unravel these mysteries on a fun trip to a village on the foothills of Sahyadri's. Enjoy Stargazing away from the city lights and pollution. There will be games, music and yummy local food to add fun to the cool pleasant night.
Kurungwadi Camping is located 12 kilometres from Igatpuri Hill Station. You can enjoy digital detox at campsite without any network you will connect better with your friends and family. Kurungwadi contains amazing dark sky for Astro Photography you can click beautiful pictures of Milkyway galaxy and Star Trails. Kurungwadi campsite is located next to water reservoir and is the next weekend camping getaway destination near Igatpuri and Nashik.
Batch 2 : 04th - 05th May 2019
Day 01: Saturday
04:35 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Kasara Station
04:50 pm Leave for Kurungwadi campsite after a brief introduction session
06:00 pm Reach campsite, freshen up , have Snacks and head to the camping site. Set up tents and begin stargazing session after sunset!
09:00 pm Dinner time. You can stay up all night spotting stars, planets, meteors or coil up in the tent to catch some sleep as you please!
Day 02: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call
08:00 am Freshen up. Enjoy breakfast and tea. Head to Kasara station.
10:00 am Catch train back to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST- Kasara Semi Fast Local
02:25 pm CST
02:32 pm Dadar
02:49 pm Ghatkopar
03:04 pm Thane
03:16 pm Dombivili
03:24 pm Kalyan
04:34 pm Kasara
- Stargazing with telescope by our astronomy expert
- Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
- Try your luck in sighting shooting stars, meteors!
- Enjoy thrill of camping amid Sahyadris
- Panoramic view of Kalsubai Peak, Alang Madan Kulang Fort also known as AMK
- Chance to sleep under the stars or tents
- Try your hand at star trail photography
- Indulge in local cuisine
- Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Kurungwadi - Kasara - Kurungwadi
- Tented accommodation at campsite
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks, Dinner and Sunday Breakfast
- Stargazing Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Kasara
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST