Astrologers use them to predict future and sailors follow them to navigate high seas. Stars, despite being tiny dots in the sky, store a plethora of information about worlds beyond Earth. From astronomy to mythology, stars have contributed to every field of knowledge. Hidden among those constellations, are trivial but interesting facts and stories. Unravel these mysteries on a fun trip to a village on the foothills of Sahyadri's. Enjoy Stargazing away from the city lights and pollution. There will be games, music and yummy local food to add fun to the cool pleasant night.
Located in the interiors of Maharashtra, Dehne Village serves as a base village for famous treks in the Sahyadri range. Away from the lights and air pollution of Mumbai, Dehne offers a clear sky, making it a perfect location for Stargazing. By dawn, the skyline glows against a silhouette of Ajoba Hills and a setup of a sleepy, serene village. A wide, open, unobstructed view of the sky can help photographers try their hand at Star Trail photography too!
Please Note : Stargazing is completely dependant on sky conditions, in case of a cloudy sky or any other natural/human influenced phenomenon star gazing may not be possible. Under such circumstances Travel Trikon will not entertain claims for refund.
Batch 1 : 21st - 22nd Dec 2019
Batch 2 : 28th - 29th Dec 2019
Day 01: Saturday
03:35 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Asangaon Station
03:50 pm Leave for Dehne after a brief introduction session
05:00 pm Reach Dehne, freshen up and head to the camping site. Set up tents and begin stargazing session after sunset!
08:00 pm Dinner time. You can stay up all night spotting stars, planets, meteors or coil up in the tent to catch some sleep as you please!
Day 02: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call
08:00 am Freshen up. Enjoy breakfast and tea. Head to Asangaon station.
10:00 am Catch train back to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST- Kasara Semi Fast Local01:30 pm CST
01:48 pm Dadar
02:04 pm Ghatkopar
02:26 pm Thane
02:49 pm Dombivili
03:00 pm Kalyan
03:35 pm Asangaon
- Stargazing with telescope by our astronomy expert
- Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
- Try your luck in sighting shooting stars, meteors!
- Enjoy thrill of camping amid Sahyadris
- Panoramic view of Kalsubai Peak, Alang Madan Kulang Fort also known as AMK
- Chance to sleep under the stars or tents
- Try your hand at star trail photography
- Indulge in local cuisine
- Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Asangaon-Dehne-Asangaon
- Triple Sharing Tented accommodation at campsite
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks, Dinner and Sunday Breakfast
- 5% GST
- Stargazing Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Asangaon
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion