Secret Waterfalls Trek – Untouched Destination
Introduction: Hunting for new trekking destinations around Mumbai has been our passion forever, keeping up with the trend this monsoon too we’ve discovered a hidden treasure amidst your favourite trekking destinations Devkund and Andharban forest. However, this destination is new and yet to be explored by many. Covered amidst mystical clouds and laid down green carpets, Secret Waterfalls Trek is indeed a must do for all those who love to be amidst nature and surrender themselves totally.
About the trek: Though it’s truly a delight for both first timers and experienced trekkers, Secret waterfalls trek is a medium grade trek. The terrain is flat initially and gradually the ascend increases. With poor to medium network connectivity, this place is ideal for those looking at seeking digital detox as we rightly say be there where the air is fresh and the network is weak. Crossing multiple waterfalls and safe streams we ascend to reach the top and explore the ever glorious Secret falls and the huge plateau. ?
Why should you sign up for this Virgin Waterfalls Trek?
It’s a new trekking destination around Mumbai, which will truly indulge you into the Sahyadris monsoon bliss. Also, it promises great views from the top considering the weather remains clear. You can see the ever flowing Kundalika river where Kolad rafting happens. We don’t let the fun end as the water stream at the end of the trek is the right way to bid adieu. Get the feel of walking amidst the mystical clouds and click great pictures on the top plateau where the beautiful Secret waterfalls roar!
Date : 21st - 22nd September 2019
Day 0: Saturday , 21st September 2019
11:15 pm : Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:30 pm : Departure from Dadar
11.45 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
12.00 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12.30 am : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 1: Sunday , 22nd September 2019
05:00 am : Breakfast & freshen up at Base Village
07:00 am : Post introduction commence the trek
10:00 am : Reach the waterfall and spend quality time amidst the nature
11:00 am : Start trekking back to the base village
01:00 pm : Reach Base Village
02:00 pm : Lunch at base Village
03:00 pm : Start Return Journey
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai Tentatively depending upon the trek duration and traffic conditions.
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Picturesque plateaus with lush green carpet
- Take a bow at the majestic Secret Waterfalls
- Covered by valley from 3 different sides
- Trek across thick forest and huge waterfalls
- Mystical walk amidst clouds
- Secret Devi temple at worshipped by locals
- Tamhini Ghat View
- Surgad, Sudhagad, Sarasgad can be seen from top
- Kundalika river rafting route can be seen
- Cross multiple waterfalls to reach the top
- Jump, splash and play amidst water streams
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- Forest Entry Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion