Kasol Backpacking Trip
Exploring India’s “Little Israel” - backpacking adventure to Kasol, a remote town shielded by the towering Himalayas!
A cocooned home to thousands of backpackers and travellers, Kasol nestles in the laps of hidden and unexplored ranges of the Himalayas. Situated on the banks of the raging Parvati and cushioned between Bhuntar and Manikaran in Himachal Pradesh, Kasol will leave you spellbound with its rustic culture and primitive style of living. The free-willed hearts and seekers of wander-lust seek refuge in the solace, peace and love this little village offers. Kasol, also has a way of gaining its way into the traveller’s heart with its simple, yet delightful village food. Its “hippie” cafes bear testimony to the unconventional culture this town has adopted. With clear hot springs lining an easy walking trail, Kasol allows a deliberate connecting with its locals enjoyable.
Day 1 – Report at Delhi Majnu Ka Tilla Overnight Journey to Kasol
(You can come to Delhi on this day itself and report in the evening or you can board a train a day before and arrive Delhi on Day 1, we can help you book train as well as flight tickets as per your budget and time or arrival for the trip)
Day 2 – Reach Kasol & Explore Chalal
Day 3 - Leave for Kheerganga Trek or Stay at Kheerganga Base at Lake view hotels to explore Tosh
Day 4 – Descend from Kheerganga and leave from Barshaini to Kasol
Day 5 – Leave for Manikaran Gurudwara and board bus for Delhi
Day 6 – Reach Delhi and leave for your destination city (Do contact us for travel arrangements from Delhi to your destination city)
Batch 1 : 28th Sept - 03rd Oct 2019
Batch 2 : 19th Oct - 24th Oct 2019
Batch 3 : 16th Nov - 21st Nov 2019
Batch 4 : 14th Dec - 19th Dec 2019
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 : Delhi to KASOL ( Heavenly journey )
Meet and greet your Trip members and Trikon Buddy in Delhi at 6 pm near Majnu ka Tila. This boarding point is very close to Vidhan Sabha Metro station in Delhi which falls on Yellow Line. If you arrive early at this bus stop you can easily explore the Tibetan Market with Trikon lead who will take you across the Tibetan Market to see the little monastery and Tibetan market where you can hog onto Momos and shop articles like the mini Mcleodganj and Dharamshala. We then board the comfortable Volvo Semi Sleeper AC bus from Delhi and start overnight journey for Kasol. En route the bus stops for loo and dinner break. It’s quite a comfortable journey in the bus with decent leg space and good comforts like a blanket, phone charging facility and water bottles.
Day 2 Kasol to Chalal (The unlikely forest trail )
Wake up to the beautiful mountains from your huge Window glasses. The bus takes a breakfast halt and loo break before entering the pine and deodar heaven of Himachal in Kasol. Reach Kasol by 10 am and check in to your river side camps. These camps are quite close to the river making it apt for you to just relax and chill besides the ever flowing shimmery Parvati River. You can freshen up quickly and have your lunch at a local place. Try evergreen cafe for delicious Pizzas, Pasta and Pan cakes. Post, which you can take the very very easy Chalal Trail. It’s just an hour long plain flat walk across the pine trees and river of Kasol. You will reach the quaint village called Chalal, which is Kasol’s shy sister. With not much tourists this place is truly a heaven for solitude seekers. Spend some time clicking pictures near the river and Kasol Bridge. Return to your camp before the sunsets. Get on your winter clothes and be ready for the bonfire. Spend fun time playing games with your co travellers and Trikon buddy. Have dinner and sleep tight.
Day 3 (Kheerganga Trek or Leisure Day visit to Tosh)
Today you wake up by 7 am and freshen up! Pack your day trek bag with a pair of clothes and bare minimum essentials for a one day trek with overnight camp stay. Have breakfast and start your journey towards Kheerganga Base towards Barshaini from Pulga a cute little village near Kheerganga base.
This beautiful trek through Kalga Village is serene in every way. It can be easily done by first timers with basic fitness level. Through small villages and multiple waterfalls en route you will reach Kheerganga within 3-4 hours of trekking. There are multiple Maggie and Tea stops and picturesque peaks and river views on the trail to reach Kheerganga. You will reach there before sunset and check in to your camps. Our hosts at Kheerganga the locals will then welcome you with hot beverages and light evening snacks. The trek isn’t that steep and lets you just move across forests walking consistently towards the peak is the key. The Commando tents are huge and spacious enough for 3-4 people with bedding and pillows and blankets too. Once you change and fresh we arrange for bonfire (Depending on availability) and serve hot basic Punjabi Veg Dinner. Sleep tight watching the stars.
Day 4 Hot Spring at Kheerganga
Wake up to the beautiful mountains facing your tents and get ready to take a dip at the hot pool. There are separate pools for men and women as the female pool is covered from all sides. Carry your clothes, towel and toiletries to bath and then take a dip in the hot pool. Change there and come back to your tent to pack your bags and get ready for descend from Kheerganga to Kasol. Have local breakfast like paratha and chai along with boiled eggs or Maggie. Start descending and this time you will take a much simpler yet longer route as this route will take you from Nakhtan village a very quaint and hidden village with no commercial accommodation we also call it Himachal’s best kept secret. Get down at Barshaini and take a local bus to move towards Kasol again post a tiring day. On this trek route you will also see the Rudranag temple and a beautiful waterfall and heavily flowing Glacier River.
If you do not wish to trek
Hey leisure seeking backpackers, if trekking is a big no no for you then you can chill at a lake view hotel at Rakcham, which is at Kheerganga base. It’s a lake view stay arrangement, which takes your breath away with the beautiful view. You can also do a day visit to Tosh which needs a decend 30 minutes uphill walk, this too is optional. If you just want to stay in Kasol and chill we can do that as well for you customizing your requirement but we need minimum 2 people to arrange stay anywhere at Kheerganga base or Kasol for you. At these places we arrange for breakfast and dinner, however lunch remains excluded. Do inform us in advance to make bookings or else the delay booking hike has to be borne by you.
Reach Kasol and chill for the day. You can pack your stuff and keep to avoid next day hassle. We will arrange the stay at a budget homestay or camp in Kasol. Lunch is provided by us and it can be had at Barshaini while waiting for the bus or have it at Kasol. Sleep and relax for a while. In the evening roam around the Kasol market. You are given good 3-4 hours to roam around the river or market, click pictures and shop for your friends and family from the flea market. Today you can have dinner at your own cost anywhere in Kasol, we recommend having it at the Moon dance cafe. It has a nice chill vibe with great food and music. It’s your dinner night so celebrate it your way. Come back to homestay/camp and sleep well.
Day 5 Manikaran Hot springs
Wake up and freshen up! Have breakfast with omelette bread, tea and delicious Aloo Paratha. Walk 3 kms towards Manikaran town to visit the Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara and take a dip into the hot springs. Do let us know if you wish to indulge in some adventure activity as we can plan that as well at additional cost. Have langar in Gurudwara or lunch in Manikaran. There is a temple as well in this little busy town which you can pay visit to. Come back to hotel/homestay/camp and check out. Your bus is at 5 pm till then you can do shopping or cafe hopping at Kasol leisurely. Board bus from Kasol/Bhuntar to Delhi. Overnight journey in the Volvo bus starts at 5:30 pm.
Day 6 Delhi drop between 7 to 8 am
Reach Delhi and make way towards airport or station. Trikon buddy bids adios to the team and concludes the tour with happy memories.
Understanding for this tour
- You are not suppose to indulge into smoking while the journey and sightseeing happens
- Drinking and smoking in permissible limits can be done however not along with the co team members and only on the last day of tour.
- While trekking smoking and drinking is banned and this may lead to cancellation of trip if any members found doing it.
- Book your seats early to secure best seats in the bus
- Let us know your decision on doing the trek or not doing while booking, to make arrangements
- It’s a budget backpacking trip keep luxuries in the city, if you are more than 4 members we can plan a luxury tour for you customized.
- Be ready to travel into public transport as this isn’t a private bus trip, we believe in local flavour while eating and travelling and exploring on our backpacking trips.
- Abide by the lead decision, if you wish to change any part of the trip itinerary lead may or may not accompany you and additional cost also has to be borne by you.
- Buying local marijuana and bringing it back to city is illegal and bus checking may lead to penalising or strict action by HP police, in that case Trikon will not support the participant.
- Swimming in river currents is banned and so is playing loud music and littering in forests.
- Beautiful Parvati Valley
- Explore the lesser known hamlets of Chalal, Tosh and Pulga
- “yummilicious” Israeli food
- Shopping at the flea market
- Explore Manali Mall road
- Stay besides river and on the peak of Kheerganga for camping
- Adventure scale to Kheerganga – Hot springs Yaay!
- Leisure walk around pine forests and deep woods
- Stargazing at night and dip into Hippie Culture
- Interact with the locals and learn their traditional norms & customs
What is included in the tour
- 2 Sharing stay in Hotel/Homestay/Camp at KASOL or Rakcham
- Delhi to Kasol to Manali to Delhi High grade AC Volvo cost
- 3 or 4 sharing stay in Commando Tents at Kheerganga
- Day 2: Dinner, Day 3 – Breakfast, Evening Snacks and Dinner, Day 4 – Breakfast and Lunch, Day 5 Breakfast.
- Public transport and local vehicle costs
- Entry fees and guide costs
- Trikon lead expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Train / Air Fare till Delhi
- Food during the transit
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price Includes.
- Lunch on all days