Let's have a journey across the two royal and rustic states of India. Travel Trikon takes you on an exploration of the splendor of Rajasthan and the grandeur of Gujarat. Get ready to immerse yourself in the heritage and culture of these two places.
We will take you to the ‘oasis in the desert’ of Rajasthan- yes, we are talking about Mount Abu! And from here we will drive to the ancient fortified city of Patan in Gujrat. We shall visit the famous heritage sites of the two cities- notably the Dilwara Jain Temple and The Modhera Sun Temple. Revel with us in the natural beauty of these places, and relish their local flavors with your fellow Trikoners. Hop and shop in and around the markets; take a sneak peek into the world of art and handicrafts. Come join us and begin the new year with a bang!
Date : 02nd March - 05th March 2019
Day 0 – Saturday Night , 2nd March , 2019
Board Train with your Trikon buddies from Borivali.
Meeting point :
● Borivali- 9:00 pm
Day 1 – Sunday , 3rd March, 2019
Start the day early at 7.0 a.m and head to Modhera to explore the famous sun temple of western India. Having been built in 1026 CE, this Maha Gurjara style sun temple is considered the oldest dated temple of Gujarat..
Drive to Patan and explore Raani ki Vav- one of the deepest step wells in India. It was built by Queen Udayamati in the 11th century in memory of King Bheema. A heritage of the Chalukya dynasty, the step well resembles an inverted temple. Visit Patan house and witness the craftsmanship behind the famous Patola sarees. Have lunch and check in to stay. Post refueling ourself we will have a trek to oldest mountains here - Aravali hills. ( Its a four and half hour trek and its optional) After watching sunset we retire for the day beside beautiful dam. Tomorrow we head for Rajasthan.
Day 2 - Monday , 4th March, 2019
Reach Abu road station at 9 am and drive to reach Mount Abu (one hour). Get fresh and energized with breakfast, as you will began your exploration by visiting Guru Shikhar, the highest peak of Rajasthan (5650 feet). Visit Trever’s tank, a man-made sanctuary well known for conservation of crocodiles. There will also be ample opportunities here for birdwatching while soaking in the scenic vistas. Fill your tummy with a Rajasthani Thali or Dal Bati for lunch.
Marvel at marble architecture in Dilwara Jain Temple- a temple complex that houses perhaps the most beautiful Jain shrines across the world! Unwind yourself at Nakki lake and indulge in some shopping. Reach the railway station at 6:30pm to board your return train. The trip concludes with happy memories.
Day 3 – Tuesday , 5th March , 2019
Return journey Begins :
Reach Borivali- 9:15 am
Reach Bandra- 9:40 am
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Visit Guru Shikhar- the highest peak of Mount Abu
- Visit to Dilwara Jain Temple- an architectural gem
- A mesmerizing trek in the Aravali Hills
- Visit to Rani ki Vav- the famous Queen’s stepwell in Patan
- Exploring Modhera- the sun temple of the East
- Witness the making of the famous Patola Sarees
- A delicious indulgence in Rajasthani and Gujarati food
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Mumbai to Mumbai Non Ac Sleeper Class for both sides
- Private Transport for local Sightseeing and transfers
- Stay in Triple / Quadruple Sharing at Non-AC accommodation.
- Day 1 - Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner. Day 2 - Morning Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Snacks
- Travel Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during Train Journey
- Personal expenses, water bottles & soft drinks
- Camera charges
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Dinner during train journey