Breathtaking Solang Valley
Solang Nala (Valley) derives its name from combination of words Solang (Nearby village) and Nullah (water stream). It is a side valley at the top of the Kullu Valley in Himachal Pradesh, India 14 km northwest of the resort town Manali on the way to Rohtang Pass, and is known for its summer and winter sport conditions. It is 8500 feet above mean sea level.
Solang valley is perfect place for adventure activities. Snow melts during the summer months starting May and skiing is then replaced by zorbing (a giant ball with room for 2 people which is rolled down a 200 metre hill), paragliding, parachuting and horse riding.
Exploring Bakar Thatch ( The Untouched Beauty )
Bakar Thatch is a picturesque village located six km from Dhundi in Kullu District. It lies at an altitude of about 1,100 ft, on the Beas Kund trek route. The entire region is surrounded by forests of pine, coniferous and rhododendron shrubs. River Beas flows nearby. Bakar Thatch offers panoramic views of snow-clad peaks all around. Dhundi, Ladyleg, Rohtang Pass, Solang Pass and Beas Kund Glacier are located nearby. Bakar Thatch is an ideal base for trekking and mountaineering.
Coruscating Beas Kund
Beas Kund is a high altitude alpine lake that sits quite at an altitude of 3,700 m in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the origin of Beas River, it is where Sage Vyas used to take bath when he meditated there.
A place of historical significance, Beas Kund is one of the most beautiful places in the Dhauladhar range (literally ‘the white range’) of the mighty Himalayas. Beas Kund is where the river Beas originates from and offer spectacular views of the nearby located Shitidhar, Ladakhi, Friendship and Hanuman Tibba peaks. One of the most alluring treks in the Kullu region, the trail offers panoramic views of the Pir Pangal range as well, and follows the banks of the river Beas.
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1: Saturday , 19th May - Delhi to Manali
Meet Trikon Team at Delhi at 04:00 pm
Catch Bus for Manali , Overnight Journey in the Bus
Day 2 : Sunday , 20th May - Exploring Solang Valley
Reach Manali. Post Breakfast starts with exploring Solang valley. The journey to the place is a great experience, and the nearby places are a must visit to add to your memories. ( acclimatization tour ) Anjani Mahadev is popularly called as the Amarnath of Kullu and rightly so because of the sheer beauty and scale of this ice formation. The shivling sometimes goes as high as 20 feet from the ground level. In our camping, bonfire with light music gives extra boost to trikoners to get relaxation mentally & physically. Post dinner, we won't let you sleep( just joking guys).
Day 3 : Monday , 21st May - An adventure day in Solang Valley( Rock Climbing, Rappelling and River Crossing)
Another beautiful day is waiting for you to unleash yourself in Solang Valley.
Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast we shall proceed towards your adventure activities. Your adventure activity starts with rock climbing followed by rappelling and river crossing. After having yummy lunch! we shall proceed to other activities. We do care about your interests in activities.
Day 4 : Tuesday , 22nd May - Ready to hit the Bakarthach ( 3500m )
A good day starts with a good breakfast. Post breakfast, your trekking to bakarthach will start. Our Travel Trikon member will accompany you to the point. The time period of this point might take 4 to 5 hours. While trekking to Bakarthach point, you will get to see stunning views of the snow capped mountain peaks and alluring glaciers. Make sure you have your binoculars or camera handy. We continue up to a scenic campsite at the pastures of Bakarthach which is a high-altitude meadow and literally means ‘shepherd’s field’. These enchanting meadows are very popular pastures for the Gaddis – a hardy nomadic tribe of shepherds, and it’s easy to find flocks of sheep grazing peacefully in this pastoral idyll. These sun and wind swept meadows will be a feast for your senses. Once we reach the point we make our camp point in Bakarthach. Dinner will be provided in camp site. Bonfire with light music, surrounded by beautiful mountains & views, will give you pleasant moments. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 : Wednesday , 23rd May - The highest point of our trek ( Beas Kund 3700m )
Wake up to the morning of the final leg of the trek. Make sure you eat a heavy breakfast and gain as much energy as possible to maintain your strength to reach our peak point. An early start to the day and a short climb up the ridge through Bhoj Patr will get us to Beas Kund. Bhoj Patr gets its name from the fact that the area has a lot of Bhoj Patr (birch) trees. We will spend time here at the glacial tarn of Beas Kund – the source of one of the major rivers of north India. The legend is that Sage Vyas, the author of the great epic Mahabharata, meditated here. After a full day of excursion in the Beas Kund plateau, we will come back to Bakarthach in the evening.
Day 6 - Thursday , 24th May - Descend back to Solang valley
After breakfast, Our journey starts for 'NAGGAR CASTLE'. Naggar Castle, the official seat of kings for centuries. was built by Raja Sidh Singh more than 500 years ago. According to a legend, he used stones from the abandoned palace (Gardhak) of Rana Bhonsal to build the castle. He ordered the labourers to form a human chain over the Beas river connecting its left and right banks to transfer the stones manually. The caste survived the earthquake of 1905. While most houses in the valley and the nearby city of Jawa were completely ruined, the castle's use of earthquake-proof techniques helped it sustain despite the calamity. Our trekking completes by river rafting, while coming back to Solang Valley. Night stay in Solang valley in tents.
Day 7 - Friday , 25th May - Manali to Delhi
Post breakfast, time to say bye to your comanianes..and proceed to your destinations..
Catch Bus for Delhi
Day 8 - Saturday , 26th May - Reach Delhi Early Morning
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Backpack or Haversack – If you are offloading your Haversack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
- Breathtaking Solang Valley
- Exploring Bakar Thatch
- Coruscating Beas Kund
What is included in the tour
- Stay in tents (Sharing Basis )
- Day 2 Breakfast to Day 7 Breakfast
- All permits, entries etc.
- Traveling from Delhi to Delhi by AC Bus
- Local Transport for internal Traveling
- Rock climbing, Rappelling & River rafting
- Naggar Castle Visit.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal during transit traveling.
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason.
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Rohtang Pass Visit
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion.
- 5% GST.