“Melghat Tiger Reserve is located in the Amaravati district of Maharashtra. Melghat Tiger Reserve is located on the southern offshoot of the Satpura Hill Range in Central India, called Gavilgarh Hill. It is 225 km west of Nagpur. It was established as a wildlife sanctuary in 1967, and was declared a tiger reserve in 1974. It was among the first nine tiger reserves notified in 1973-74 under Project Tiger, a wildlife conservation project initiated in India in 1972 to protect Bengal tigers. It was the first tiger reserve of Maharashtra. It is still one of the biggest tiger reserves in the country in terms of area. The name 'Melghat' means the confluence of various 'ghats' or valleys as is typical from the landscape of this tiger Reserve.
Apart from Tigers the other prominent animals are Sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Sambar deer, Leopard, Nilgais, etc. The endangered and 'back from extinction' Forest Owlet is also found in various areas of Melghat.
Experience the thrill of spending night on Machan located in forest. Don't worry about safety because Machan has sufficient height and Guide (forest Dept) will be along with you to introduce with surrounding area.
Visit two most beautiful yet lessely visited forts - Narnala fort and Gavilgad fort and get to know about the rich heritage of this area.
Akola is the district place in Maharashtra well connected with railway and Road.
Railway : It is the station on Mumbai - Nagpur rail route. Many trains available
We suggest you to take 12112 - Amravati Express
12106 - Vidarbha express
Akola is also connected with road. There are few Travels running from Mumbai to Akola which will cost approx 700-1000 rs one way.
We are always ready to help assist you for choosing right travelling medium. Please connect with us at 9975903634 for any queries regarding travelling.
Day 1 17th May 2019 - Friday
08.00 am Meet Travel Trikon Team at Akola Junction
09.30 am Check-in at Shahnoor
10.00 am Breakfast
01.00 pm Lunch Time
02.00 pm Visit to Narnala Fort by private vehicle
05.00 pm Start return journey to Shahnoor
06.00 pm Reach allotted machans with dinner packs & water bottle
From 12.00 am to 5.00 am return from machan whenever participant wants
Day 2 18th May 2019 - Saturday
06.00 am Wildlife Safari
08.00 am Breakfast & break for 20 mins in between jungles
11.00 am Reach Shahnoor
12.00 pm Have lunch & checkout
04.00 pm Elephant bathing & feeding
05.30 pm Visit To Sunset Point
06.00 pm Check-in at Chikhaldara
08.00 pm Dinner Time
Day 3 19th May 2019 - Sunday
06.00 am Wake up call
08.00 am Visit Gavilgad Fort
12.00 pm Lunch Time
01.00 pm Sightseeing in Chikhaldhara
02:30 pm Start return journey towards Akola / Badnera railway stations.
- Experience the thrill of Machan stay in full moon night.
- Gypsy Safari at Shahnoor area of Melghat Tiger Reserve.
- Visit to historical Narnala Fort and beautiful yet lessely explored Gavilgad fort.
- Elephant bathing and feeding at Elephant camp located in this area.
- Enjoy adventure activities and trek (Easy level) to through the forest.
- Surprise your tongue with the delicious "Warhadi" food.
- Indulge in bonfire, activities and games
What is included in the tour
- Travelling in private vehicle from Akola to Melghat , all internal Transport and Melghat to Akola back.
- Dormitory/Homestay/Ecohut stay for 2 nights (3-4 Sharing basis)
- Machan experience in full moon night
- Food : Day 1 & 2 (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner) and Day 3 (Breakfast & Lunch Only)
- Gypsy for Jungle safari
- Fort and forest entrance fees
- Guide and Travel Trikon expertise charges
- First aid kit (group)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travelling from Mumbai to Akola and back
- Any food ordered extra
- Mineral water/soft drinks
- Anything that is not mentioned in inclusions
- 5% GST
2 ltrs water bottle
Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack
Please carry personal medicines if any
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though this event is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.