Leh – Ladakh Tour & Adventure (Leh to Srinagar)
A dream destination for any spirited traveler, Leh is a paradise in the lap of the Himalayas, and offers you the glorious landscapes full of mountains and valleys. The Ladakh region (meaning ‘Land of High Passes’) has also been described as 'The Mysterious Land of the Mystic Lamas' and 'The Broken Moonland', owing to its unique combination of unparalleled landscapes and soulful Tibetan culture.
Travel Trikon brings you the adventure of a lifetime at Leh, Ladakh. Our carefully planned itinerary offers you the best experience possible – the joyous adventure of a road trip, the thrill of white water river-rafting in the Zanskar and the serenity of staying in a houseboat in Kashmir! We promise the trip will be a treat to all your senses, making it an experience you’ll cherish forever! So what are you waiting for?? Come, get enchanted by the mystic beauty that is Leh!
Batch 1 : 13th July - 20th July 2019
Batch 2 : 11th August - 18th August 2019
Batch 3 : 21st September - 28th September 2019 ( Leh Festival Special Batch )
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on email@example.com
Day 1: Arrival & Acclimatization
Arrive at Leh. Due to sudden temperature and weather change, the body needs some time for Acclimatization. Spend the day in local sight-seeing and take rest. Enjoy a beautiful sunset from Shanti Stupa. If time does permit,we will head out for Leh Palace as well.
Day 2: Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La - 125 kms (4-5 hours) /Overnight stay in Nubra Valley
We make our way across the Khardung La Pass, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter the mystic Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley-floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown in this area. Post tea, we leave for the inamous dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at such altitude! Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels here, one of the two places in the entire world where they can be found! We play some games and relax as we witness a nother wonderful sunset amongst the vast expanse of the landscape there.
The day ends with an overnight tent stay under the magnificent night sky full of stars!
Day 3: Nubra to Leh, Visit Sand Dunes and Camel Safari - 125 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay in Leh
After an early breakfast, we head out to visit the Diskit Monastery, which is 550 years old and the largest monastery in the Nubra Valley. On our way back, we halt at Khardung La Top for a while, not to miss the mandatory photo with the board and prayer flags! We take a halt at a beautiful spot, in the middle of nowhere, where one can try some river crossing in the freezing cold waters of Ladakh! Once, back in Leh, you will be free to buy a few goodies, if time permits some possibility to go shopping!
Overnight stay at the hotel!
Day 4: Leh to Pangong Tso to Leh – 150 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay at Leh
The most fascinating highlight of any Leh trip, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-thirds of the lake lies in China. To get there, we travel via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world, at 17,586 feet. On our way there, you will get a chance to witness cuteness overload in the form of an animal called Mormot, a rare species. Start your journey towards Leh and spend the night at the hotel for reviving yourself.
Day 5: Leh Local Sightseeing / Overnight stay in Leh
Morning’s here! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise and visit the best of all monastries in Leh, Hemis and Thiksey Monastery. There's a small climb to Shey Palace, where resides a 3-floreyed high Maytreya Buddha Statue, those who wish to do so, can. We shop at a local market opposite the palace, the products sell cheaper here as compared to Leh. If time permits, we would also pay a visit at the famous '3 Idiots School', where few scenes from the movie were shot.
Day 6: Leh to Kargil via Lamayuru and River Rafting in the Zanskar – 240 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay in Kargil
Drive to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our river rafting adventure! Enjoy the majestic views of the mountains around, along with the thrill of navigating past the rapids in the chilling waters of the Zanskar! Reach Kargil and get some rest!
Day 7: Kargil to Srinagar via Drass – 200 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay at Srinagar
Leave early in the morning, stopping for tea at Drass, the second coldest place in the world. As we cross over the amazing Zoji La, we enter the heavenly valley of Sonmarg. The spectacular views of the valley will definitely leave you spellbound! Continue the drive to Srinagar.
Day 8: Departure
Time to fly back home from Srinagar! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Please Note : As per the recent property destructions, stay at Pangong has been shifted to a place, which is a few kms ahead of Pangong.
As per the recent property destructions, we are doing a day visit at Pangong and spend a day there instead of staying at Pangong
- Those flying into Leh, please ensure that your arrival time at Leh Airport is before 10 AM
- Those opting for flight/train out of Srinagar, please ensure that the departure time of your choice of mode of transport is post 12 PM.
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Visit the famous Pangong Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
- Road trip through Kargil, time to lose yourself in the heavenly Sonmarg Valley and Zoji La!
- Visit Drass, the second coldest place in the world!
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in triple sharing rooms and camps at all destinations as per the itinerary
- Breakfast & Dinner at all hotels and camps
- Comfortable Non-AC Force Traveller vehicle for all days, as per the itinerary
- Rafting - 14 Kms
- Airport pickup and drop service
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on all days
- Train or Airfare till Leh & Return
- 5% GST
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour