Kothaligad Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Hard to miss, this monsoons a delightful trek towards Kothaligad will make your weekend worthwhile. Right from lush green forests, cascading waterfalls and chirping birds, one finds utmost solace and experiences surreal bliss at Kothaligad. As peth is the base village, many recall Kothaligad as peth fort. Being a medium grade trek, any average trekker can conquer the peak. There’s a stair route towards the summit, which adds up to the thrill. On reaching the top, witness a flat floor and well-sculpted pillars that are the key attraction of the cave.
Kothaligad is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base.The locals say that this is not actually a fort but a sort of lighthouse from where the directions were given to know the advancements of the enemy.
Batch 1 : Sunday , 14th July 2019
08:15 am : Meet-up at Karjat Station
09:15 am : Reach base village via PVT: Vehicle
09:30 am : Breakfast
10:00 am : Start trekking towards the pinnacle
11:00 am : Reach Pethchiwadi
12:00 pm : Reach the top
12:30 pm : Enjoy lunch and explore the fort as it has lot to speak about the history
02:00 pm : Start descending
05:30 pm : Reach base village
06:00 pm : Evening Snacks
07:00 pm : Reach Karjat Station
09:30 pm : Reach Mumbai
Train Time Table
06:10 am CST
06:18 am Byculla
06:24 am Dadar
06:31 am Kurla
06:35 am Ghatkopar
06:50 am Thane
07:02 am Dombivili
07:10 am Kalyan
08:00 am Karjat
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Witness historical views of Kalwawantinicha Mahal, Nagfani, Siddhagad, Malanggad, Chanderi, Prabalgad and Manikgad.
- Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- Easy and fun-filled climb that gives lots of memories.
- Fort exploration – Canon marks, temples and Potholes
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Karjat to Base village
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion