Kaas Plateau Tour
Kaas Plateau also known as the "Kaas Pathar" is situated in the Western Ghat’s Sahyadri range, 22 km from Satara city in the state of Maharashtra, India. The name Kaas originates from Kaasa tree. As the leaves of this tree mature, they turn from green to red.
During the flowering season from mid –August to October, almost every inch of the plateau is bedecked with flowers of various colors and sizes. In fact, recently, Kaas has been declared as a “Biodiversity World Heritage Site” by The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) due to the floral diversity found here.
Kaas Lake, which is surrounded by a dense forest, lies between Sajjangad fort and the Kanher Dam. The place has more than 850 different species of flowers and other plants including Orchids, Karvy and even carnivorous plants such as Drosera Indica.
What makes this a Special trip?
No doubt Kaas is a visual delight but it is also important to understand the Ecology of the place and how we can protect it from degradation. We will guide you on the same.
You can read more about Kaas at
Batch 1 : 13th - 14th September 2019 ( Saturday Special Trek )
Batch 2 : 14th - 15th September 2019
Batch 3 : 21st - 22nd September 2019
Batch 4 : 27th - 28th September 2019 ( Saturday Special Trek )
Batch 5 : 28th - 29th September 2019
Batch 5 : 01st - 02nd October 2019
11:15 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:30 pm Departure from Dadar
11:30 pm Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
12:15 am Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12:30 am Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
06:00 am Reach Kaas Plateau
06:30 am Breakfast & Introduction
07:00 am Start the tour of Kaas, explore the area, enjoy clicking
11:00 am Move towards Kaas Lake
03:00 pm Start our return journey post lunch
10:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- History of KAAS
- Know about Carnivorous Plants
- Ecology of Kaas and how it is changing
- Flora and fauna around KAAS
- How we can protect it?
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch (Veg/Non Veg) & Evening tea
- Kaas Plateau Entry Charges
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera Charges
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST