Rajmachi Fireflies Special Trek
Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies (fireflies) twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders (fireflies).
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. Rajmachi fort is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala. Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. The fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared as a protected monument.
Please Note :
As per the update from the villagers the visibility of fireflies has reduced to what it had been seen till now. Now that monsoon has arrived you may see fireflies but in less quantity. However, you will definitely enjoy witnessing them in the natural environment and making full use of all facilities that we will provide you at the event, it will remain fulfilled.
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Batch 1 : 18th - 19th May 2019
Batch 2 : 25th - 26th May 2019
Batch 3 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 4 : 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 5 : 15th - 16th June 2019
Batch 6 : 22nd - 23rd June 2019
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Travel Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Travel Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Day 1: Saturday
4:00 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Lonavala Station.
4:30 pm Enjoy evening snacks at Lonavala
5:30 pm Take local transport to Tungarli Dam
6:30 pm Reach Tungarli Dam and start the trek alongside numerous fireflies
9:30 pm Reach base village and relax
Day 2: Sunday
6:00 am Wake up call and freshen up
6:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan fort
9:00 am Back to base village and enjoy breakfast
10:00 am Start our Return Journey Back to Lonavala
11:00 am Reach Lonavala
11:30 am Catch Train / Bus Transport for Mumbai
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Karjat Local @1:10 pm
1.10 pm Mumbai CST
1.17 pm Byculla
1.23 pm Dadar
1.31 pm Kurla
1.45 pm Mulund
1.49 pm Thane
2.02 pm Dombivli
2.11 pm Kalyan
3.04 pm Karjat
From Karjat we will catch Karjat-Pune Unreserved Local
Karjat @ 3.10 pm
Lonavala:@ 3:53 pm
- Twinkling Fireflies are a highlight of this journey
- Experience rustic village stay
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Rajmachi will keep you hooked!
- Monsoon beauty with offers you all possible shades of green everywhere
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Lonavala to Lonavala
- Food: Saturday evening snacks and Dinner, Sunday Breakfast
- Dormitory Accommodation at Rajmachi
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling: Mumbai to Lonavala & Return
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Lonavala
- Board the second Compartment from Karjat Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.