Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Sahib Trek
The trek to Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib is a mesmerizing experience that sets you on a spiritual rendezvous with the Himalayas. Nature’s abundance is on full display as hundreds of species of flowers dot the lush green expanse against the backdrop of foggy skies. It is one of the most recommended Himalayan treks for beginners as the views easily measure up for one’s efforts and physical endurance at medium levels. So get ready to explore as your love for nature, photography and trekking are all going to be fulfilled in this one journey!
About Valley of Flowers
If nature had to decide on one place to put its artwork on display, it could have been none other than the Valley of Flowers. Based in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, this section of the Garwhal Himalayas boasts of its diverse and unique floral treasure. As many as 650 varieties of flowers are said to be found here. You can spot the famous Brahmakamal, blue poppy and cobra lily along the 10 km stretch in the valley.
About Hemkund Sahib
In his previous life, Guru Govind Singh Ji, the tenth Sikh Guru meditated by a lake surrounded with seven snow-capped peaks. That spot came to be identified as the place where the Hemkund Sahib gurudwara stands today. It is covered in snow for most part of the year leaving only monsoons when pilgrims throng to this place of virtue to pay their respects to the revered master. The ambience is that of purity and serenity.
Batch 1 : 13th July - 20th July 2019
Batch 2 : 10th August - 17th August 2019
Day 1: Saturday , Delhi to Haridwar
Meet Trikon Team at New Delhi Railway Station at 21:00 hrs
Catch Nanda Devi Express at 23:30 hrs for Haridwar.
Day 2: Sunday, Haridwar – Govindghat (280 kms / 10-11 hrs drive)
Reach Haridwar Station by 05:50 hrs. Wait at Station Station and Post Breakfast Proceed towards Govindghat via private vehicle at 08:00 hrs. We will drive via holy cities of Joshimath and Devprayag. The confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda rivers at Devprayag forms the Ganges. What a sight to behold! We will reach Govindghat by evening and check into a hotel for the night.
Day 3: Monday , Govindghat – Ghangaria (14 kms / 5-6 hrs)
The much awaited trek starts! We will follow a gradually ascending trail from Govindghat to Ghangaria. We will check into a hotel at Ghangaria upon arrival. You can spend rest of the evening exploring nearby area. But do take enough rest for the adventure is about to begin!
Day 4: Tuesday, Ghangaria – Valley flower – Ghangaria (5 kms one way / 4-5 hrs)
We will set out to explore the Valley of Flowers which is nestled at around 12,000 ft, a delicate biosphere fortified by the mighty Himalayas. The valley is 10 kms long, 2 kms wide, and is divided by the Pushpawati stream, that takes in several tiny streams and waterfalls. The views will leave you spellbound for sure. After exploring the valley, we will head back to the hotel in Ghangaria and retire for the night.
Day 5: Wednesday, Ghangaria – Hemkund Sahib – Ghangaria (6 kms one way / 4-5 hrs)
Today we trek to Hemkund Sahib via a steeper trail, though the stretch is about 6 kms. We will reach the top in 4-5 hours. Visit the gurudwara and enjoy the serene atmosphere above. We will head back to reach Ghangaria by late afternoon and relax.
Day 6: Thursday, Ghangaria – Govindghat--Joshimath (14 kms)
We leave Ghangaria with pleasant memories and head towards Govindghat by trek and later to Joshimath by private vehicle. We will put up at Joshimath at the end of the day for much needed rest.
Day 7: Friday, Joshimath – Haridwar (280 kms / 10 -11 hrs) & Haridwar to Delhi by Train
After breakfast, pack up and drive back to Haridwar.
Catch 12206 /Nanda Devi AC Ex at 23:55 hrs.
Day 8: Saturday, Reach Delhi
Reach Delhi at 05:20 hrs.
Bid goodbye with memories of a lifetime with the promise of meeting again!
Things to Carry
- Identity card
- 2 water bottles of 1 litre capacity
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Raincoat or poncho
- Jacket, woolen sweater
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Mosquito repellant
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- This is a trek in the Himalayas where there is rarely any infrastructure; so please do not expect luxurious hotels for overnight stays or AC vehicles for transportation
- Rs. 8,000 needs to be deposited for booking which is non-refundable. Rest of the payment to be done 14 days before the event start date.
This is an adventure trip, where any unforeseen circumstances may contribute to the need for a change in itinerary. In such situations, we or your trek leader will suggest the best alternative similar to your original itinerary. In case of alternate plan, the expenses towards the same shall be borne by the participant.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Spot hundreds of species of flora
- Get enthralled by the beauty of Great Himalayas
- Enjoy Himalayan trekking experience with all basic amenities
- Lose yourself to the tranquility by the Lokpal lake
- Visit the Lokpal temple that is dedicated to Lakshman, who got cured by the magical Sanjeevani Buti said to have been found around this area by Lord Hanuman.
- Indulge in local cuisine and culture as the valley plays host to hordes of pilgrims each year.
What is included in the tour
- All Veg meals from Day - 2 Breakfast to Day - 7 Dinner
- Delhi to Delhi Traveling by 3AC Train
- 2 Nights Hotel accommodation on Triple sharing in Govindghat and Joshimath
- 3 Nights Hotel accommodation on Triple sharing in Ghangaria.
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek guide and support staff.
- Valley permit (for Indian nationals)
- Private transfers from Haridwar to Govindghat and back.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal during transit traveling
- Air / Train Transport till Delhi
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide
- Valley permit (for foreigners)
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion.
- 5% GST