Morachi Chincholi (Chincholi Morachi), itself means a village of tamarind trees and town of dancing peacocks! It is situated near the Ahmednagar-Pune Highway, about 55 kms from Pune. This little village hosts more than 2500 peafowl, as on date! The story goes that a huge number of tamarind trees were planted during the Peshwa rule, which attracted the peafowl and they simply made it their home!
Your visit to Chincholi Morachi promises you everything that a rustic village-stay should! The authentic Maharashtrian fare will make your taste-buds dance in happiness, just like the peacocks you will be watching! Not only this, you can enjoy the simple joys of a village life, like kandil-lit homes, bird-watching, gilli-danda and other outdoor games with the village kids.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast, Lunch & Evening snacks and as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Mumbai to Morachi Chincholi and back
- Entry fees and toll
- Travel Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- 5% GST
- Watch the colourful dancing peacocks in the cool forest of tamarind trees!
- Authentic village experience – Try your hand at farming, milking of cows, a game of gilli-danda perhaps, tractor and bullock-cart rides! Wait, there’s more - Bird-watching and stargazing too!
- Lip-smacking rustic Maharashtrian food!
Day 0: 28th July , Saturday Night
11:00 pm : Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
11.30 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
11.45 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12.00 am : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 2: Sunday , 29th July 2018
5:30 am: Reach Village Chincholi Morachi, freshen up and have some tea
6:00 am: Proceed for the early morning sighting of Peacocks in the Jungle!
8:30 am: Return to village , Have Breakfast
9:30 am onwards: Walk through village, meet the villagers , Get a closer look of how cows, buffalo and goats are milked. Experience the innocent touch of calf, puppies and chickens. Go for a round of rural desi games and activities such as gilli-danda, climbing trees or playing marbles (goti). Major nostalgia!
1:00 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm onwards: Walk through the Wanrai (forest) to look out for rare Ayurvedic medicine plants and visit the Nakshatra Garden in the village. Or you could just take a nap under the cool shade of the tamarind trees!
If it interests you, you’re welcome to try all the farm activities with the farmers at our host’s home, such as seeding & watering the field, feeding cows & buffaloes, fetching water from the well!
Enjoy watching birds in their natural environment, by the shore of the water reservoir.
4:00 pm: Evening tea & Snacks
4:30 pm: Enjoy the farm rides on tractor or bullock carts
9:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (tentative time)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- Extra pair of clothes
- Umbrella and Floaters
- 2 litres of water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes (if required)
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.