Torna Fort Monsoon Trek
Torna is known as one of the tallest forts in Pune. This fort has its name on every adventurous list. Torna fort is also known as Prachandgad. Prachand means huge and yes this fort is extremely huge! The zigzag routes from the Velhe village lead to a green and breath-taking view of enormous landscapes. Especially during the monsoon, this place shows off its real beauty. 4 hours and 8 min away from Mumbai this mighty fort stands tall and gives a top view which is every trekker's dream! During monsoons becomes a home to various wildflowers! Hence Torna is recommended to visit during the monsoons.
About Torna Fort
Every fort has a story to tell! So does this fort.This fort was ruled by many rules and has a lot of historical significance. Did you know? Shivaji Raje was just sixteen when he captured this fort! This was the first fort which Shivaji Raje captured in 1646 and hence marked its unique significance in history!
Day 0: 08th September, Saturday Night
11:00 pm :Meet Travel Trikon Team at Dadar East Near Kotak Mahindra ATM - Pritam Hotel
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
11.30 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
11.45 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12.00 am : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 1: 09th September, Sunday
06:00 am : Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
07:00 am: Start the trek
09:30 pm: Reach the top and Explore
11:00 pm: Start descending
02:00 pm: Reach base
02:30 pm : Lunch Time
04:30 pm : Start Return Journey
09:30 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- During the monsoon, this destination attracts lot of tourist.
- Huge Bini Darwaja which welcomes you near the Velhe base village.
- Beautiful Torna temple
- Idol of goddess Somjai
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch , Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- Forest Entry Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion