Sundarbans Wildlife Tour
We all are connected to forest and wildlife since our childhood. Ask kids we read Chandamama or Twinkle. Remember Kalia the crow? Shikari Shambu? The adventurous life he lived which revolved around dangerous animals and forests? What if we say that there exists such a forest which will get your childhood back? We introduce to you one such luxuriant and a beautiful forest in West Bengal, the Sundarban! Beauty is in its name, ‘Sundar’ which means beauty and ‘ban’ which means forest that translates the word to a beautiful forest!Sundarbans is known for its ferocious tigers. Haven’t you heard people saying? Just like a beautiful tigress of Bengal!It is recognized as a world heritage site by the UNESCO. Did you know that Sundarban is the only mangrove forest in the world which has tigers who are also great swimmers?
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double / triple sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast (Day 1 – Day 4), Lunch & Dinner (Day 1 – Day 3) at all hotels / homestays / boat
- Comfortable non‐AC Force Traveler / Wingerfor pickup and drop from Kolkata.
- Guide Fees & Entry Permit Fee
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train / Air Fare till Kolkata
- Stay and food cost before we begin and after we reach Kolkata.
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour.
- Explore the life of people of Sundarbans who share their lives with the Tiger's
- Cruise through the world's largest Mangrove Forest with a chance to spot Mangrove Tiger's which is unique to Sundarban
- Chance to spot and capture photos of more than 200 species of birds
- Home to largest species of Crocodile in the world
- Experienced Naturalist on board who have worked extensively in Sundarbans.
- Wildlife photography
Day 1: 10th March , Saturday
From Kolkata head towards Godkhali, Sundarbans (Approximately 3 hours’ journey). A boat safari waits for us which will which will sail through Bidya and Gomti rivers exploring the Panchamukhi. Later we will reach our cottages at eco village and have our Lunch followed by a village walk. Later in the evening Local Music will be arranged followed by the brief discussion regarding “Locals way of life” in the Mangroves. Later, Dinner will be served followed by Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 2: 11th March , Sunday
A new and wonderful day arises with a list of wonderful activities! We head into the deep forest of the Sundarbans. We will also see various watchtowers like Sajnekhali, Sudhanyakhali etc. sailing through various canals to increase our chances of spotting wildlife and have a good time! Lunch will be served on the boat! Later in the evening, we’ll reach our cottages at eco village. We’ll proceed for a night walk followed by evening Tea and Snacks. Later, Dinner will be served followed by Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 3: 12th March , Monday
Enjoy a day of a thrilling Cruise Experience! Sailing through rivers and narrow creeks of Sundarbans. We will also see Dobanki watchtower which will offer us a close view of the wildlife. It will be followed by Canopy walk at Do Banki for some sightseeing and a perfect view of the wildlife. In the evening, we will interact with villagers who may share some unique experiences of the jungle! Later in the evening we’ll proceed to our cottages at eco village. Dinner will be served by an overnight stay at the Camp.
Day 4: 13th March , Tuesday
Post breakfast we’ll sail to Godkhali and head towards Kolkata with lots of wild memories.
Things to Carry
- A light weighted bag and a daypack
- Good shoes, flip‐flops
- Water Bottles
- Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Waterproof gloves, windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Camera, Binoculars (optional)
- Headlamp/LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used / unused garments, wet / dry clothes)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor.
- Do ensure to carry a photocopy of your Identity Proof