Astrologers use them to predict future and sailors follow them to navigate high seas. Stars, despite being tiny dots in the sky, store a plethora of information about worlds beyond Earth. From astronomy to mythology, stars have contributed to every field of knowledge. Hidden among those constellations, are trivial but interesting facts and stories. Unravel these mysteries on a fun trip to a village on the foothills of Sahyadris. Enjoy Stargazing away from the city lights and pollution. There will be games, music and yummy local food to add fun to the cool pleasant night.
Located in the interiors of Maharashtra, Dehne Village serves as a base village for famous treks in the Sahyadri range. Away from the lights and air pollution of Mumbai, Dehne offers a clear sky, making it a perfect location for Stargazing. By dawn, the skyline glows against a silhouette of Ajoba Hills and a setup of a sleepy, serene village. A wide, open, unobstructed view of the sky can help photographers try their hand at Star Trail photography too!
Batch 1 : 03rd - 04th November 2018
Batch 2 : 10th & 11th November 2018
Batch 3 : 17th & 18th November 2018 ( Leonid Meteor Shower Special)
Batch 3 : 08th & 09th December 2018
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Asangaon-Dehne-Asangaon
- Tented accommodation at campsite
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks, Dinner and Sunday Breakfast
- Stargazing Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Asangaon
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST
- Stargazing with telescope by our astronomy expert
- Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
- Try your luck in sighting shooting stars, meteors!
- Enjoy thrill of camping amid Sahyadris
- Panoramic view of Ajoba Hills, Ratangad, Sandhan Valley
- Chance to sleep under the stars or tents
- Try your hand at star trail photography
- Indulge in local cuisine
- Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
Day 01: Saturday,
- 03:35 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Asangaon Station
- 03:50 pm Leave for Dehne after a brief introduction session
- 05:00 pm Reach Dehne, freshen up and head to the camping site. Set up tents and begin stargazing session after sunset!
- 08:00 pm Dinner time. You can stay up all night spotting stars, planets, meteors or coil up in the tent to catch some sleep as you please!
Day 02: Sunday,
- 07:00 am Wake up call
- 08:00 am Freshen up. Enjoy breakfast and tea. Head to Asangaon station.
- 10:00 am Catch train back to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST-Asangaon Fast Local till Thane
- 01:30 pm CST
- 01:48 pm Dadar
- 02:04 pm Ghatkopar
- 02:26 pm Thane
- 02:49 pm Dombivili
- 03:00 pm Kalyan
- 03:35 pm Asangaon
Things to Carry
- Camera (Optional)
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Snacks & Biscuits
★ Please take return ticket till Asangaon
★ Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund