Sondai Fort Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Sondai fort is a hidden beauty of Karjat. It is not a popular destination but it will blow your mind for sure! This Fort is a part of the Matheran range. This is one of the best treks to visit during monsoons near Mumbai. From Sonewadi base village it takes 15-20 mins to reach the plateau. 2 adjoined cisterns reserve water. We can have a view of Gavari hill from here. After climbing the carved stairs one can see dried cistern also on the right side a ladder is available to ascend. As the place is believed to be sacred due to the Sondai temple one must take off their shoes and continue their trek. After climbing the rock patch one can see 2 cisterns in which one huge pillar stands tall. The top view gives a splendid view of the Matheran Mountain range. Green landscapes and even foggy pinnacle during the monsoon!
Batch 1 : Sunday , 01st July 2018
Batch 2 : Sunday , 26th August 2018
08.00 am : Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Karjat Station
08.30 am : Have breakfast and a round of Introduction
09:30 am : Move towards the Base Village by Local Transport
10.00 am : Start the trek
12.00 pm : Reach the top
01.30 pm : Have lunch
03.30 pm : Start Descend
05.00 pm : Reach Base Village
05.30 pm : Evening Snacks at Base Village
07.00 pm : Reach Karjat Station
07.30 pm : Catch Local train to Mumbai CST
09.30 pm : Reach Mumbai
CST – Karjat Fast Local
CST – 06:10 am
Byculla – 06:18 am
Dadar – 06:24 am
Kurla – 06:31 am
Ghatkopar – 06:35 am
Thane – 06:50 am
Dombivali – 07:02 am
Kalyan – 07:10 am
Karjat - 08:00 am
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 3-4 Cisterns which hold water.
- Sondai Devi Statue and 2-3 carved idols which are kept under a tree.
- Beautiful and enormous Matheran Mountain Range which is heaven to witness during monsoons!
- Morbe Dam which gives an amazing view during monsoons.
- The breathtaking view of Vavarle Dam holding the monsoon rain water.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Karjat to Karjat
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion