Grade : Easy to Moderate
The Sar Pass trek offers a diversified trail through deep forests, undulating meadows, snowy mountains and charming villages. It is an ideal trek for beginners and moderate level trekkers. It derives its name from ‘Sar,’ which means lake. The ‘Sar’ which is mostly frozen till late in summer needs to be crossed by trekkers and hence the name ‘Sar Pass Trek’. The trek starts from the quaint village of Kasol and trekkers cross forests and steep rocky terrains to encounter long stretches of snow on the Pass Day.
The mesmerizing views of the snowy peaks of the Parvati valley in addition to the snow trail will definitely leave you spellbound. It is undoubtedly one of the most delightful treks in the Himachal Pradesh. Go for it peeps!
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation (camping during trek)
- Guest House/Homestay at Kasol
- Volvo tickets | Semi Sleeper(Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi)
- Rucksack(65 liters) with cover.
- Plate, mug and spoon
- Veg meals while on trek
- Trekking equipment(Tents, Sleeping bags)
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food During Traveling (Delhi to Manali & Return)
- Traveling till Delhi
- Public Transport with in Delhi
- 5% GST
- High altitude trekking through snow
- Views of magnificent peaks of Tosh and Parvati valley
- Witnessing the grand Himalayan Vistas at 13800 ft
- Slide through snow from Sar top to the lower valley
- Adventure Sports ( Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Rafting)
- Sightseeing around Naggar and Manali
- Crossing deep mountain forests of rhododendron
- Interacting with the locals and getting a sneak peek into their traditions and culture
Day 1 : Delhi to Manali
- Catch New Delhi - Manali Volvo bus from ISBT at 5 PM . Meals are NOT included during bus journey.
Day 2 : Bhuntar to Kasol Base Camp
- We reach Bhuntr at 6 AM and drive from Bhuntar to Kasol Base Camp by jeep
- Registration, Acclimatization walk, Rappelling / Rock Climbing and Orientation at Rumsu Base Camp
- Stay in Rumsu Base Camp
Day 3 : Kasol to Grahan Village ( 6- 7 hours trek)
- We start our trek from the center of Kasol and move along the left of the Grahan nalah. This route which passes through alpine forests is used by the locals daily and is a fairly easy trail.
- After Grahan nalah, we encounter rocky terrain and climb up through the middle of Buras (Rhododendrons) forests for an hour to reach Grahan village.
- We stay here for the night.
Day 4 : Grahan to Min Thach ( 4 - 5 hours trek)
- We will start our day early with a few stretching exercises followed by a delicious breakfast. After our trek leader briefs us on today’s trek schedule, we will start our trek to Ratta Pani.
- We head towards north and take the path which villagers use towards Min Thach. Nagaru can be sighted along with Sar Top after trekking for a while.
- We will camp at Min Thach
Day 5, Min Thach to Nagaru ( 4 - 6 hours trek)
- After trekking for a couple of hours Nagaru campsite will welcome us with its flatland and magnificent views. In the north are the magnanimous mountains rising steeply across the Parvati valley along with the town of Manikaran. In the north-west Chanderkhani and the ranges of the Beas valley are visible. To the south, eyes will meet vast expanses of snow in the direction of Sar Pass.
- Nights are freezing cold. Hence we retire early to prepare for the next day.
Day 6, Nagaru to Biskeri via Sar Pass ( 6 - 8 hours trek )
- This is the most exciting day of the trek! After breakfast we start our climb through a ridge to Sar Pass following a snowy trail.
- After reaching the top of the hill, the magnificent peaks of the Tosh valley open up in front of the eyes. This sight makes the trek worth every penny.
- The only way to get down the top is a slide through the snow. This is of utmost fun and makes for a very memorable experience. Every precaution is taken to ensure a safe slide from the top to the gentler slopes of the valley. So do not worry at all!
- We continue walking through rhododendron bushes to reach Biskeri Thach where we camp for the night.
Day 7, 01st June, Thursday : Biskeri Thach to Barshaini and drive to Kasol Base Camp ( 4-5 hours trek & Catch Bus to Delhi)
- In the morning we soak in the enchanting views of the pine forests, the majestic mountains and the extensive grasslands at Biskeri Thach before descending to Pulga village.
- From Pulga we continue to descend towards Parvati river and cross it to reach Barshaini.
- From Barshaini we drive to Kasol with the memories of a mind-blowing trek.
- Depart from Kasol Base Camp to Delhi
Day 8 : Arrival at Delhi
- Reach Delhi by 09:00 am
Things to Carry
- Backpack (min 60 Ltrs) with rain cover
- Daypack to carry necessary things for a day (20 litres)
- Trekking Shoes (Forclaz 100, 500 recommended)
- 3 pairs of full sleeve shirts/T-shirts
- 2 pairs of trekking/track pants
- 3 pairs of cotton socks. 2 pairs of woollen socks
- 1 full sleeve sweater
- 1 fleece jacket (preferable)
- One padded/down jacket
- Thermal inners - 1 Pair
- 1 pair of slippers
- 1 pair of water-resistant gloves
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (No umbrellas please!)
- Sun cap
- 1 scarf/neck-warmer/balaclava
- 1 Light towel
- Personal toilet kit – Must contain Face-wash, Toothpaste, toothbrush, Cold cream, Lip balm and sun screen (SPF 40+)
- 1 Toilet paper roll
- 2 water bottles (1 Litre each)
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal medical kit
- Dark sunglasses (U/V protected)
- 1 Walking stick
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Rs. 8,000 needs to be deposited for booking which is non refundable. Rest of the payment to be done 14 days before the event start date.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.