Ratangad Monsoon Trek
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
As the name suggest, it's a ‘jewel’ of a fort situated atop a hill overlooking the Bhandardara region. Kalsubai peak and the Konkan-Kada are visible from here, along with a number of waterfalls!
Standing tall amid other great peaks of Alang, Kulang, Kalsubai, and Katrabai, this fort is also a part of the Ajoba mountain range. The caves up there can shelter dozens of trekkers at a time. The view of lakes from atop will leave you speechless!
Batch 1 : 30th June - 01st July 2018
Batch 2 : 27th July - 28th July 2018 ( Saturday Special Batch )
Batch 3 : 28th July - 29th July 2018
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Jewel Fort
- Enjoy scenic views of Bhandardara
- Experience nature at its best!
11:00 pm: Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm: Departure from Dadar
12:00 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
05.00 am: Reach Base Village
06.00 am: Breakfast and freshen up
07:00 am : Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
10.00 am: Reach Ratangad Top; Explore the Fort and witness some of the other peaks from top
11.00 am: Start descending
01.30 pm: Reach base village
02:00 pm: Lunch at Base Village
03.30 pm: Start return journey
09.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.