Grade: Moderate | Endurance Level: High
Touted as one of the most popular treks of the Sahyadri range, Katraj to Sinhagad or K2S trek promises you a memorable experience. It starts from Katraj Ghats in the south of Pune and ends at Sinhagad which lies in the south-west direction of Pune. Doing the trek on a moonlit night through a series of mountains in the Sahyadri challenges your mental and physical capabilities and at the same time amply rewards you with unforgettable sceneries of nature.
The mountain pass which connects Pune to the south of Maharashtra offers fascinating view of peaks and valleys of the mountain ranges of the Sahyadri along with a night view of Pune city lodged in the midst of glittering stars and moon light.
The famous fortress of Sinhagad has been a witness to many historical battles which includes the Battle of Sinhagad fought in 1671. Sinhagad or The Lion’s Fort enjoys a very strategic location standing in the middle of a host of forts like Rajgad, Purandar and Torna. The top of the fort also offers a mesmerizing view of the Khadakwasla Dam, a dam on the Mutha river which supplies water to Pune.
If the trekker in you is looking for a rush in the adrenaline, K2S Trek is just the right bet for you! Come, join us on this thrilling adventure.
About the place
Katraj is suburb of Pune in Maharashtra, India. Sinhagad, Sinhgarh, or Sinhgad is a fortress located roughly 30 kilometres from Katraj.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Mumbai to Mumbai by Private Non AC Vehicle
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks & Sunday Breakfast
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, mineral water etc.
- Saturday night dinner
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Peaks and valleys of Sahyadri mountain ranges
- Sinhagad Fort
- Views of Pune city at night from top
- Sunrise from Sinhagad fort
Day 1 : Saturday
- 02:00 pm – Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
- 02:15 pm – Depart from Dadar
- 02.30 pm – Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
- 02.45 pm – Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
- 03.00 pm – Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
- 06:00 pm – Reach Katraj. Introduce yourself to the group and the start the trek
- 09:00 pm – Enjoy dinner on the way to the plateau. Continue the trek.
Day 2 : Sunday
- 06:30 am Reach Sinhagad and catch the beautiful sunrise
- 07:30 am Eat breakfast & Start the return journey towards Mumbai
- 01:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- Torch with extra battery
- 2 litres water
- Good trekking shoes
- Dinner for Saturday
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Camera (Optional)