Lonavala- Bhimashankar Range Trek
The heavy rain showers are definitely not a good experience in the bustling city. The rains call out for a getaway and for true adventure lovers, the Lonavla-Bhimashankar range needs a visit. Cover a distance of about 75 kms through dense forests and get lost in the beauty of nature. You can experience every feature of the perfect weather conditions in the close vicinity of nature. There’s no noise but music of crickets, the winds gushing, water streams flowing and of course the rain drizzle.
Travel Trikon, is taking you for a trek through this ancient trade route from the Sahyadris. It will test your endurance levels but offer you a plethora into the wilderness of nature.
Day 1: 7th October 2017
01: 15 am : Meet Travel Trikon Team at Lonavala Station, Platform no. 1 (Near ticket window)
It is advised for participants to look after their travelling till Lonavala. You can take Mahalaxmi Exp/Siddheshwar Exp. People coming from Pune can come by train/bus anytime.
01: 30 am: Start the trek from Lonavala
06:00 am: Breakfast
07:00 am: Start trek
02:00 pm: We will have our lunch enroute
05:00 pm: Reach Padaryachi Wadi
Dinner and stay
Day 2: 8th October 2017
06:00 am: Wake up call
06:30 am: Breakfast
07:30 am: Start trekking
02:30 pm: Lunch break
02:30 pm: Reach Bhimashankar, visit temple
Trek will be officially over at Bhimashankar. From here you can opt for Bus to Pune / Mumbai or you can trek down to Khandas (Karjat Side).
03:30 pm: Start descend via Sheedi ghat till Khandas
09:00 pm: Reach Karjat
Things to Carry
- Water Bottles (Approximately 3 liters)
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Daysack
- Good pair of trekking shoes
- Extra pair of socks
- Slippers (optional- at the end of day)
- Light blanket or sleeping bag
- A good wind cheater
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Bhimashankar Temple: The Bhimashankar temple is one of the twelve major jyotrilinga temples in India. Situate at the height of 3250 feet it has stunning nature view to offer. Covered by thick green cover around and among the hills it is a peaceful shrine. It is a modest temple and boasts of the Nagara Style of architecture.
- Bhimashankar is the source of river Bhima. The temple has a lot of historical significance which will only give you a great feel of having visited an ancient place.
What is included in the tour
- Food: Day 1: Breakfast & Dinner ; Day 2: Breakfast & Lunch
- Travel from Khandas to Karjat
- Home stay/Dormitory at Padhryachi wadi
- 5% GST
- Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train travelling charges
- Camera charges
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions