Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy | Altitude: 3,400 feet Approx
Lohagad Monsoon Trek
Lohagad or the Iron Fort is a typical choice if it’s your first trek considering the easy grade. However, it doesn’t disappoint experienced climbers either, thanks to the inviting weather and the lush green scenery during monsoons. Loaded with a rich historical significance, the Lohagad trek surely deserves a place in your bucket list this season!
Lohagad is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala and 52 km (32 mi) northwest of Pune.Lohagad overlooks the Pavana reservoir, located to the south of the mountain.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST
- Exploring the fort
- Vinchu Kata or the Scorpion’s tail-like fortification structure
- Ancient Malawli and Bhaje caves near the fort
- Durgah located near the Maha-darwaja
- Laxmi Kothi
05:50 am: Meet Travel Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E)
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village
06:20 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
07:00 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
07:20 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
10:00 am : Reach base village and enjoy breakfast
10:30 am : Introduction round
10:45 am : Start the trek
12:45 am : Reach the top, explore the fort
01:30 am : Start descending to base village
03:00 am : Reach base village and Enjoy Lunch
05:00 am : Leave for Mumbai
09:00 am : Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.