Leh – Ladakh Tour & Adventure (Srinagar to Leh)
A dream destination for any spirited traveler, Leh is a paradise in the lap of the Himalayas, and offers you the glorious landscapes full of mountains and valleys. The Ladakh region (meaning ‘Land of High Passes’) has also been described as 'The Mysterious Land of the Mystic Lamas' and 'The Broken Moonland', owing to its unique combination of unparalleled landscapes and soulful Tibetan culture.
Travel Trikon brings you the adventure of a lifetime at Leh, Ladakh. Our carefully planned itinerary offers you the best experience possible – the joyous adventure of a road trip, the thrill of white water river-rafting in the Zanskar and the serenity of staying in a houseboat in Kashmir! We promise the trip will be a treat to all your senses, making it an experience you’ll cherish forever! So what are you waiting for?? Come, get enchanted by the mystic beauty that is Leh!
Batch 1 : Sun, 26 May, 2019 to Sun, 02 Jun, 2019
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Triple sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary
- Breakfast & Dinner at all hotels
- Comfortable Non-AC Force Traveller vehicle for all days, as per the itinerary
- Rafting - 14 Kms
- Airport pickup and drop service
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost of arrival and departure to and from Srinagar and Leh respectively
- Lunch on all days
- Camel Safari
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Visit the famous Pangong Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
- Road trip through Kargil, time to lose yourself in the heavenly Sonmarg Valley and Zoji La!
- Visit Drass, the second coldest place in the world!
- Float away to La La Land, staying in a houseboat in the Dal Lake, Srinagar!
Day 1: Arrival in Srinagar, Srinagar to Sonamarg via Drass – 80 Kms, 2-3 hours / Overnight. Stay at Sonamarg
We leave in the afternoon, immediately on landing. Our journey begins by entering into the heavenly valley of Sonmarg. Enjoy the lush green valley over the evening. If time permits, we can also drive up to the Thajwas Glacier, a famous tourist point in Sonamarg.
Overnight stay at Sonamarg.
Day 2: Sonamarg to Leh via Lamayuru – 360 kms, 7-8 hours / Overnight stay in Leh
As we continue towards our destination, Leh, we pass through the fabulously adventurous road of ZojiLa, something that stands as a transformation point in terms of the terrain of Ladakh and Kashmir.As we get into the Buddhist paradise of Ladakh, we begin by visiting Lamayuru, a beautiful monastery which has resemblance to the Key Monastery in Spiti Valley. This tower-like structure is one of the most beautiful places en route Leh.
Day 3: River Rafting in Zanskar and Local Sight Seeing
We drive out to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our 14 km river rafting adventure from. This route has up to 3+ Grade rapids. It offers majestic views of the mountains along the way while you enjoy the thrill in the chilling waters. Also, we visit the various tourist spots like Hall of Fame, Magnetic Hill, Stok Palace etc..
Day 4: Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La - 125 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay at Nubra Valley
We cross Khardung La, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter into Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown. We visit the Diskit Monastery, a 550-year old historic place before getting into the majestic Nubra Valley, where we stay overnight in fixed tents under the star-filled night skies.
Day 5: Nubra to Leh, Visit Sand Dunes and Camel Safari - 125 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay in Leh
After an early breakfast, we visit the white sand dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at this altitude. One can get a ride on the double humped Bactrian camels here, the only place in the world where they can be found. We drive back to Leh, overnight stay at the hotel. In the second half of the day, visit Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. Also, if time permits, visit Stok Palace and Museum. Stok offers amazing views of the Stok Range, including the highest peak there, Stok Kangri(20,187 feet), a well-known climbing peak for budding mountaineers.
Day 6: Leh to Pangong Tso – 150 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay at Pangong Tso
The day that peaks excitement levels for most travelers, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-third portion of the lake lies in China. To get there, we pass via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world at 17,586 feet. Enjoy the evening by the lakeside witnessing colors of nature like nowhere else. If it is anywhere near a new moon night that you get here, you’re in for a starlit-Milkyway treat. Overnight stay by the lake.
Day 7: Pangong Tso to Leh – 150 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay in Leh
Probably the best morning you’ll ever witness! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise over Pangong Tso On our way back, we halt by the famed school from the famous hit Hindi film, 3 idiots and visit the Hemis Monastery. On reaching Leh, retire into bed for the night
Day 8: Departure
Time to fly back home from Leh! Trip concludes with happy memories!
- Those arriving into Srinagar, kindly ensure that your landing/sch arrival timings are not later than 2 pm on Day 1.
- As regards departure, you can opt for any flight post 7 am on Day 8.
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder