Leh – Ladakh Adventure Tour (Delhi to Leh)
One of the most celebrated high altitude roads in India is NH 3, that connect Leh to Manali, respectively. Closed for most of the part of the year, when open, avenues to experience a terrain and weather like no other are up for grabs.
We would take road from Manali to Jispa, covering many small villages and town finally reaching to Leh after crossing Sarchu. After reaching Leh, the trip will be extended to Pangong Tso and majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La (The highest motorable road in the world) alongwith rafting activities in the Zanskar River and other excursions, depending upon the weather conditions.
A cultural, patriotic and spiritual journey awaits!
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double and triple sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary
- AC Bus Traveling from Delhi to Manali
- Breakfast & Dinner at all hotels and home-stays
- Comfortable Non-AC Force Traveller vehicle ( Manali to Leh ) for all days, as per the itinerary
- Rafting, camel ride expenses and stay at house-boat
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel, stay and food cost , before we begin from Delhi
- Travel, Food and Stay cost after Day 10, if any
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Visit the famous Pangong Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
Day 1 : Wednesday, 11th July 2018 : Delhi to Manali – 310 kms, 15 hours / Overnight Journey in the Bus
Day 2 : Thursday, 12th July 2018 , Reach Manali
Reach Manali . Check in the hotel, rest and acclimatize yourself for the journey ahead.
Day 3 : Friday , 13th July 2018 : Manali to Keylong – 120 kms, 4-6 hours /Overnight stay at Keylong
We hit the road today via National Highway 3 amidst spectacles of amazing forests of coniferous trees. Passing through Rohtang, we head to Keylong to be welcomed by mesmerizing views of open meadowlands. As we move away from the Kullu Valley into Spiti and Lahaul districts, witness the evaporation of the greenery as a carpet of brown dominates the scenery. Arrive in Keylong and retreat into your tents for an overnight stay.
Day 4 : Saturday, 14th July 2018 : Keylong to Leh – 350 kms, 8-10 hours /Overnight stay in Leh
Drive from Keylong to Leh through Tanglang La, the second highest motorable road in the world. At a remarkable altitude of 17,582 feet, the road is full of tricky turns and rock-strewn paths. Arrive in Leh, check-in to your hotel for a delightful stay.
Day 5: Sunday, 15th July 2018 : River Rafting in Zanskar and Local Sightseeing
We drive out to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our 28 km river rafting adventure from. This route has up to 3+ Grade rapids. It offers majestic views of the mountains along the way while you enjoy the thrill in the chilling waters. Also, we visit the various tourist spots like Hall of Fame, Magnetic Hill, Stok Palace etc..
Day 6: Monday, 16th July 2018 : Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La - 125 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay at Nubra Valley
We cross Khardung La, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter into Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown. We visit the Diskit Monastery, a 550-year old historic place before getting into the majestic Nubra Valley, where we stay overnight in fixed tents under the star-filled night skies.
Day 7: Tuesday, 17th July 2018 : Nubra to Leh, Visit Sand Dunes and Camel Safari - 125 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay in Leh
After an early breakfast, we visit the white sand dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at this altitude. One can get a ride on the double humped Bactrian camels here, the only place in the world where they can be found. We drive back to Leh, overnight stay at the hotel. In the second half of the day, visit Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. Also, if time permits, visit Stok Palace and Museum. Stok offers amazing views of the Stok Range, including the highest peak there, Stok Kangri(20,187 feet), a well-known climbing peak for budding mountaineers.
Day 8: Wednesday, 18th July 2018 : Leh to Pangong Tso – 150 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay at Pangong Tso
The most fascinating highlight of any Leh trip, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-thirds of the lake lies in China. To get there, we travel via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world, at 17,586 feet. Enjoy the evening by the lakeside revelling in the glorious colours of nature, a class apart from any other such sight. If you happen to be here around New Moon, enjoy the splendid view of a star-studded Milky Way galaxy at night. Sleep tight!
Day 9: Thursday , 19th July 2018 : Pangong Tso to Leh – 150 kms, 4-5 hours /Overnight stay in Leh
Probably the best morning you’ll ever witness! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise over Pangong Tso On our way back, we halt by the famed school from the famous hit Hindi film, 3 idiots and visit the Hemis Monastery. On reaching Leh, retire into bed for the night.
Day 10: Friday , 20th July 2018 : Departure
Time to fly back home from Leh! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder