Just before the monsoon arrives, the tiny bioluminescence beings sparkle and shine to emit a glow. It's nature’s own light show that amuses one and all. Fireflies typically shine at twilight to attract mates or prey. These fireflies bring magic to your summer night. Play with these little creatures while they keep amusing you all night long. Photographers be ready with your cameras, so as to capture the sight and save it forever. Add to this the fun of a camping-night in the folds of majestic Sahyadris.
Kurungwadi Camping is located 12 kilometres from Igatpuri Hill Station. You can enjoy digital detox at campsite without any network you will connect better with your friends and family. Kurungwadi contains amazing dark sky for Astro Photography you can click beautiful pictures of Milkyway galaxy and Star Trails. Kurungwadi campsite is located next to water reservoir and is the next weekend camping getaway destination near Igatpuri and Nashik.
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Batch 1 : 18th - 19th May 2019
Batch 2 : 25th - 26th May 2019
Batch 3 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 4 : 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 5 : 15th - 16th June 2019
Batch 6 : 22nd - 23rd June 2019
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Travel Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Travel Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Day 01: Saturday
04:35 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Kasara Station
04:50 pm Leave for Kurungwadi campsite after a brief introduction session
06:00 pm Reach campsite, freshen up , have Snacks and head to the camping site.
08:30 pm Stroll around the villages to witness the twinkling fireflies
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 02: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call
08:00 am Freshen up. Enjoy breakfast and tea. Head to Kasara station.
10:00 am Catch train back to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST- Kasara Semi Fast Local
02:25 pm CST
02:32 pm Dadar
02:49 pm Ghatkopar
03:04 pm Thane
03:16 pm Dombivili
03:24 pm Kalyan
04:34 pm Kasara
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of this journey
- Experience rustic village stay--camping or homestay in case of rain
- Try your hand at night-time photography
- Enjoy thrill of camping amid Sahyadris
- Panoramic view of Kalsubai Peak, Alang Madan Kulang Fort also known as AMK
- Chance to sleep under the stars or tents
- Indulge in local cuisine
- Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
- Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Kasara -Kurungwadi -Kasara
- Triple Sharing Tented accommodation at campsite
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks, Dinner and Sunday Breakfast
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Kasara
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
2 ltrs water
Torch with new cells (compulsory)
Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
★ Please take return ticket till Kasara
★ Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though this event is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the event, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.