About Kuari Pass:
The Year 2018 has zoomed at rocketing speed and within a matter of few months, we shall land in the New Year of 2019. Has the thought of “Ohh! Another year wasted in doing absolutely nothing” crossed your mind? Still sitting behind the huge desktops or stuck underneath a pile of books? Well, to make your 2018 meaningful, we at Travel Trikon have got your back! A perfect trek planned in the prodigious Himalayas is sure to make you feel rejuvenated. If you are trekking for the first time, this trek is perfect to start with in the Himalayas. Less efforts and greater returns in terms of the amazing mesmerizing views offered by Mother nature. Live amidst the lofty forests of Oak and Deodars or run wildly across the lustre green meadows (or locally known as Budyals), this trek through the Kuari top has no limits to its spectacular views. Get used to waking up in the mornings facing the amphitheatre of the entire Garhwal ranges. It is time to get refreshed in nature’s lap, so pack your bags and head straight towards the mountains. Yes, the Mountains are definitely calling and you must go!
- Those joining from Delhi, please meet the Travel Trikon Team at 6 AM at Haridwar Railway Station on Day 1.
- For departures, it is advisable to arrange for transport post 6 PM on Day 6.
- Do note Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Batch 2 : Friday 28th December 2018 - Wednesday 02nd January 2019 Ex Haridwar ( New Year Special Batch )
Batch 2 : Sun, 17 Feb, 2019 - Fri, 22 Feb, 2019
Batch 3 : Sun, 10 Mar, 2019 - Fri, 15 Mar, 2019
What is included in the tour
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic tents and guesthouse (Triple sharing basis)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from Day 2 to Day 5
- Travel cost from Delhi to Delhi, including train fare
- Breakfast on Day 6
- Dinner on Day 1
- First aid medical kits and medical assistance during the trek
- Professional trek leads, event management fees and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reasons, obstructions, landslides etc.
- Any personal expenses incurred during the trek
- Offloading of bags during the trek
- Travel cost of arrival and departure from Delhi
- Lunch and dinner costs on Day 6
- Breakfast and Lunch Day 1
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST
- A perfectly crafted trek of the Himalayas for the first timers
- Experience varied diversity with each walk of the route towards Kuari Top
- Get to touch the sky and get an eye level view of the famous mountain summits
- Experience the glittering stars and stretched milky way ornament the sky at night
- Drive through the beautiful city of Dehradun and reach the holy city of Joshimath
- Enjoy camping in the heart of the dense forests of Oak and Deodars
Day 1: Let the magnetic charm of Haridwar take over your senses as you drive on NH7 towards the city of spiritual healing and also a base for all the travelers – Joshimath
Day 2: Small ride from Joshimath to Dhak and your trek begins.. Living amidst the mixed forests of Oak and Deodars would never feel so beautiful as you reach Gulling
Day 3: Play peek-a-boo with the mountains as they keep stealing glances but never leave your sight. Trek from Gulling to Khullara would take around 3-4 hours
Day 4: No more playing Hide-n-Seek as you catch the full view of the extensive ranges. From the peaks of Dronagiri to Nanda Devi, you name them and you get to see them. Camp in the heart of the mountain as you descend from Kuari Top to Tali.
Day 5: From forests to mountains to back to forests, you will now experience the beauty of the Budyals, as you descend from Tali to the skiing destination of the country-Auli, moving to Joshimath for the stay
Day 6: Drive from Joshimath to Haridwar
Day 1: Whooshing straight from Haridwar to Joshimath (8-9 hours)
Flanked by Ganga and Yamuna on both its sides and the mighty Himalayas towering, Haridwar is exactly like a magnet and it won’t fail to attract you. Get amazed by its picturesque location, unique cultural diversities and the astounding natural beauty. Soothe yourself from the train journey and get ready to head on the serpentine road towards Joshimath. Joshimath, being the pilgrim place, serves as a foundation for many treks and hence you will see a steady stream of travelers along with many pilgrims.
It will be in the latter part of the evening that you will reach this place. Take your time and let the spiritual tranquility of this place soothe your tired body. Enjoy your scrumptious home cooked meal and call it an early night. Overnight Stay at Joshimath.
Day 2: Joshimath to Gulling via Dhak (45 minutes drive to Dhak; 5-6 hours trek from Dhak to Gulling)
Say bye-bye to the groggy eyes and staggering feet, as you are minutes away from starting to live your life in the mountains. Today’s trek is divided into two phases – a small 45-minute drive to the village of Dhak and then trekking from Dhak to Gulling. Dhak already gives you glimpses of what is in the offering for the next 6 days of this trek. Keep your cameras and phones handy and secure multiple opportunities to capture the breathtaking views of this small Himalayan village. Start your trek on the stony narrow trail which traverses along the mountain ridge, leading you straight in the heart of the Tugasi village. You will be continuously passing through many inhabitations that have taken shelter in the folds of the mountains. Slip into the fields of popping vibrant flowers swaying in the light autumn wind and you will see the trail veering towards the forests of Oak. Don’t give up and continue walking through the mix of steep and moderate ascents on the defined trail. Amidst the forests, lies our first campsite of the trek – Gulling. With Mt. Dronagiri never leaving our site and the perfectly laid mixed forests, you are in for a nice picnic in the Himalayas. Spend the evening at your leisure and get acclimatized to the altitude gain. Overnight Stay in tents.
Day 3: Gulling to Khulllara (9,832 ft to 10,492 ft; 3-4 hours)
Listen to the sound of brown autumn leaves rustling in the winds of the mountains. A cup of tea and some yummy breakfast is a perfect start to a perfect trek. The trail is fairly simple today and consists of moderate ascents throughout the way to Khullara. With crackling and crunching of the warm brown leaves beneath your shoes, you start with on the trail leading you through the forests. The forests of Oak will beckon you into them and will soon lead to open clearings. Cross the small glacial water streams and continue with your ascent. You may also fill your bottles from these streams as the water in them is clean. While you are alternating between the forests and the clearings, Mt. Dronagiri continues playing peek-a-boo with you throughout the trail. You will also catch glimpses of Hathi Ghoda peaks on your way towards Khullara. Located in the clearing area of the forests, your campsite is set up. Overnight Stay in tents.
Day 4: Khullara to Tali via Kuari Pass (10,492 ft to 11,031 ft via 12,516 ft; 8 hours)
Keep calm as you are to visit the Kuari Top and experience its sheer beauty! Climb out of the tree line and on to the mountain ridge which leads you straight to the upper grasslands of Kuari Pass. Witness the extensive view of the Garhwal Himalayas, with peaks of Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Nilgiri and Hathi Ghoda, Trishul and parts of Nanda Devi opening up before you like never before. Take a moment here to absorb the naked beauty of the mountains and the works of God. You will have to climb till the Kuari top and then take the descending trail heading towards the Kuari Pass. If time permits, we shall go to Jhandi top which is located at top of the ridge taken earlier. The views offered by Jhandi will surely dazzle you. Spend some time at Jhandi Top and capture it all in your cameras. Start with your descend towards Tali. The trail is entirely surrounded by dense forests of oaks, pines and rhododendrons which do not let the sunlight to seep in through them. In the heart of the forests with a stream flowing close by, your campsite is surrounded by tall trees on all sides. Overnight Stay in tents.
Day 5: Tali to Auli, Drive to Joshimath (11,031 ft 8,625 ft; 4-5 hours)
On the penultimate day of the trek, veer out of the dense mixed forests and head towards the Tali Lake where you will start getting mountain views again. Spot the rhododendron forests from above the cliff through which the trail passes. Leading towards Gorson Bugyal, the mountain views opens right in front of you and you will witness acres and acres of vast luster green meadows beckoning you towards them. Cross the entire stretch of Gorson Bugyal and savor its views. From Budyal to back to the Oak forests, the trail then ends at Upper Auli – Skiing paradise in India. Travel Trikon has arranged for your rides back to Joshimath. Reach Joshimath by late evening and post heavy dinner, tuck inside the warm cozy blankets and have a good nights’ sleep.
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar
It is time to head back to where we came from. No complaints, no regrets, just memories created in the mountains in the purest form. Get started with your drive to Haridwar and from thereon, we shall take an overnight train back to Delhi. Bid farewell to the mountains, but only to return back to them, soon!
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.