Koraigad Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy| Endurance: Easy
Have you noticed a grand fort standing high upon a hill overlooking the Aamby Valley in Lonavala? That’s Koraigad and we plan to get you to the top of the fort!
Koraigad is conveniently located in Lonavala, close enough to be easily accessible for one-day getaway and far enough to avoid the touristy hustle-bustle at the popular spots. The fort also houses a couple of refreshing and usually clean ponds which are a treat to the eyes with the clouds floating by during monsoons. Such a relaxing sight!
Since it is a short trek, it leaves ample time for fun activities along the way. A pit-stop on the way will provide an exquisite view of the Aamby Valley and the lake. Don’t miss it!
Situated about 20 kms outside Lonavala, Koraigad fort stands little over 900m above sea level. One can easily find a flight of about 500 steps laid out to reach the fort from Pethshahpur village in less than an hour. Another route from Ambavne village is more challenging during rains as it becomes slippery.
The fort was named after Goddess Koraidevi. Her temple, which has recently been renovated and restored, can be visited inside the fort along with two other temples dedicated to Vishnu and Shiva.
Batch 1 : Saturday , 30th June
Batch 2 : Saturday , 21st July
Batch 3 : Saturday , 25th August
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- An easy level fun trek to the top
- Fort exploration— sturdy walls, massive gates and cannons
- Visit the temples
- Have fun at the ponds
- Team building games
06:00 am: Meet Travel Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
06:15 am: Leave for Koraigad
06:30 am: Pick u from K Star Mall Chembur
07:00 am: Pick up from Vashi
07:15 am: Pick up from 3 Star, Kharghar
10:00 am: Reach the base village and enjoy breakfast
10:30 am: Start the trek
12:00 pm: Reach the top and explore the fort. You will be surprised to see how vast it is!
01:30 pm: Start descent to base village
02:30 pm: Reach the base village and enjoy lunch
04:00 pm: Proceed back to Mumbai
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.