Kohoj Fort Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Medium
Situated not too far from Mumbai, the Kohoj Fort sits in the backdrop of a heart-shaped lake forming a beautiful scenery. Its reflection in the water is not to be missed, as the trail takes you by the saltwater lake’s edge, around the fort and to the top. Two giant stone men, somewhat like Groot, will welcome you at the pinnacle of the fort. Get ready to meet them after a moderate climb!
Built during the Bhoj period, Kohoj fort now stands mostly as a historical ruin. It was one of the 23 forts surrendered by Shivaji under the Purandar Treaty that he signed with the Mughals in 1665. The Vaitarna river flows by at a distance, while rest of the area is covered under nature’s green carpet during monsoons. Two huge stone structures, that roughly look like human figures, can be seen at the top, as if still guarding the fort. Kohoj Fort is visible from the Mumbai-Ahemdabad highway.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Explore the fort area
- Enjoy view of Heart-shaped saltwater lake
- Panoramic view of Vaitarna River
- Trek till the stone-men pinnacle
- Temples ruins
- Monsoon trek adventure
06:00 am Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
06:30 am Pick up from Andheri Bisleri Factory
06:45 am Pick up from Borivali National Park, breakfast enroute
10:00 am Reach base village, introduction round
10:30 am Start the trek
01:30 pm Reach the top, explore fort area, have packed lunch
03:00 pm Start descend
06:00 pm Reach base village, start return journey, evening chai enroute
09:00 pm Reach Dadar
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.