Kavnai Monsoon Trek
Nestled amongst the quaint villages of Igatpuri (On the way from Mumbai-Nashik Highway), Kavnai Fort stands as one of the least explored mountain climbs in the Sahyadri ranges. Along easy climbs and rough patches, you’ll be able to conquer the ascend with final rock-cut steps. The fort embarks a small lake along with several temples dedicated to Goddess Parvati along with Lord Ganesha and Hanuman.
With a commanding view of the surrounding villages and also a lake on top, Kavnai is a well-rounded trek, that can satisfy your thirst for weekend travel!
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Kasara to Kasara
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Inevitable greenery and appealing landscapes
- Pond on top of the fort
- Unending mythological and historical stories
- Visit Kapildhara Ashram and take a Dip in the Kund
09:15 am : Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Kasara Station
09.30 am : Reach base village by Public Transport
10.15 am : Reach Base village & Breakfast
11.00 am : Start Trek Post Introduction Round
01:00 pm : Reach top, explore and have lunch
02:30 pm : Start Descend
04.30 pm : Reach base village
05.00 pm : Evening Snacks
06:00 pm : Start for Kasara Station
07:00 pm : Reach Kasara Station
10.00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Train Timing : CST - Kasara Fast Local
06:55 am CST
07:08 am Dadar
07:15 am Kurla
07:35 am Thane
07:54 am Kalyan
08:10 am Titwala
09:11 am Kasara
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.