Kalsubai Monsoon Trek
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Why Kalsubai should be your next trekking destination this monsoon?
Surrounded by lush green forests and fields, the trekking route towards Maharashtra’s Highest Peak is a surreal experience for all the nature lovers and trek enthusiasts. Challenging yet fun-filled, trek towards the highest summit will test your patience and offer an amazing panaromic view of several more mountain ranges like Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar & Harishchandragad. Also, attempting to climb the most wish-listed mountain in the Sahyadri offers a great sense of achievement for most of the trekking enthusiasts
Story behind Kalsubai – Unveiled
It is truly believed by the local villagers that a house maid residing in a nearby village had disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape her employer's harsh suffering. This gives the mountain its present name as well as a reason for this temple to be built in her memory.
More about the climbing patches and Summit (Kalsubai Shikhar)
Nestled among several slopes, Kalsubai is a mix of easy to ascend slopes as well as rocky patches overlooking the valley below. To reach the Summit, Govt. has built many iron ladders along the vertical hill slopes. Before the final lap, there comes a resting post where you can halt and enjoy having hot tea as well as crispy snacks. On the peak, there exists a temple devoted to Kalsubai Mata where local villagers offer prayers and perform Pujas during festivals.
Booking Open for Night Trek : http://www.traveltrikon.com/trip/kalsubai-night-trek
11:00 pm: Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
12:00 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
04.00 am: Reach Base Village, Rest in the bus till Dusk
06.00 am: Breakfast and freshen up
06:30 am: Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
10.30 am: Reach Kalsubai Top; Explore the summit and witness some of the other peaks from top
11.00 am: Start descending
01.30 pm: Reach base village
02:00 pm: Lunch at Base Village
03.30 pm: Start return journey
09.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Climbing highest peak of Maharashtra
- Unveil secret stories
- Top view - Most of the prominent mountain ranges
- Surreal greenery and blissful environment
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion