Prominently known as one of the most thrilling forts to climb, Kalavantin Durg takes you through deep forests leading to the pinnacle top. Standing on Prabalmachi adjacent to the mighty Prabalgad, Kalavantin Durg is indeed a fort that offers spectacular views and that exact feeling of being on the top. Trekking during the monsoons and witnessing the greenery all around right above is indeed a magical experience.
Kalavantin Durg (fort), is located in the Indian state of Maharashtra, between Matheran and Panvel. It is a high rising pinnacle known for its steep slopes and rock cut stairs that gives a zest of adventure to all the trekkers.
Batch 1 : Sunday , 30th September 2018
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Panvel to Panvel
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Explore the one of the steepest pinnacle
- Thrilling Trek
- Beautiful landscapes
- Steep rock cut stairs
Day 1 : Sunday , 30th September
07:30 am: Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Panvel Station & have breakfast
08:30 am: Leave for base village
09:30 am: Reach the base village followed by introduction round
10:00 am: Start trekking
11:00 am : Reach Prabalmachi and Enjoy the Panoramic view
11:15 am : Start ascending towards the Kalavantin Pinnacle
12:15 pm : Reach the top
12:45 pm : Start Descend
01:45 pm : Lunch time @ Prabalmachi
03:30 pm : Start Descending
04:30 pm : Reach Base Village
05:30 pm : Reach Panvel Station
08:30 pm : Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
Train Time Table (CST to Panvel)
Train Time Table (Thane to Panvel)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.