About Har Ki Doon:
Walking through beautiful alpine meadows, ridges, glacier basins and dense coniferous forests, you enter high alititude villages where you can seize an opportunity to experience a traditional Garhwali culture, one of itskind! ‘Har’ means God, ‘Doon’ means Valley, hence, you are in the Valley of God. Treat yourself to a view of the magnificent peaks like Swargarohini I, II, III, Bandarpooch and KalaNag, with a snow-filled basin just under. You may get goosebumps in case you are able to spot wild bores, barasinghasor black bears. Try not being their food ;).This valley is of significant importance in terms of Hindu Mythology for dual reasons, those that you could inquire about while you trek. Let the ever changing mountain weather brush your fatigue off.
Experience a transition from tranquility to pulse-racing, as you come closer to bidding farewell to 2017. Take a spiritual dip while you battle through the high currents of river Ganges, feeling a headrush in the white waters at Rishikesh. Relax, Exuberate, Celebrate your New Years as the speakers roar, fires burn and the river flows, under the starlit sky!
- Event Tag:Trikon #634
- Event Name: New Year's’ Song of Ice and Water – Har Ki Doon Trek and Rishikesh Rafting
- Event Date: Option 1: 23rd December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Delhi to Delhi)
- Event Date: Option 2: 22nd December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Mumbai to Mumbai)
- Event Cost: Option 1: Ex-Delhi :- Rs. 16,499 per pax ( Discounted Price : 14999 )
Event Cost: Option 2: Ex-Mumbai :- Rs. 19,999 per pax ( Discounted Price : 18499 )
- Total Seats:20
- Location: Uttarakhand
- Base Village: Sankri
- Altitude: 11,500 Feet above the sea level
- Grade: Easy - Moderate
- Duration: 10 Days
- For participants arriving from Mumbai by train, ensure that you board ‘12903 – Golden Temple Mail’, which departs from Mumbai Central Station at 09:25 PM. From Mumbai, you can also board the train from Borivali.
- Those joining from Delhi,please meet the Travel Trikon Team at 11:30 PM on December 24, 2017 at New Delhi Railway Station. From thereon, we shall board ‘12205 – Nanda Devi Express‘ and leave for Dehradun which departs at 11:50 PM.
- For departures, those flying out of Delhi, it is advisable to book a flight only after 10.00 PM
- For those opting for Option 1, kindly note that we shall take ‘12908 – Maharashtra Sampark Kranti’ departing from Nizamuddin Railway Station (i.e. Old Delhi Railway Station) at 09:35 PM
- Do note, Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Day 0: December 22, 2017 – Train Journey from Mumbai to Delhi (OPTIONAL)
If you are opting for Option 1 and travelling with Travel Trikon, it is time to bid goodbye to the ever active city of Mumbai and proceed towards the capital city of our nation – New Delhi. Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Mumbai Central Station at 8:45 PM. Missing your train means missing your trek. Make sure you reach the station at the allotted time and abide by the instructions given by your Trek Leader during the briefing. Catch some sleep on your train journey, as you have some thrill filled days lying ahead of you.
Day 1: December 23, 2017 – Train Journey from Delhi to Dehradun
Meet the Travel Trikon Teamat the New Delhi Railway Station, if you are travelling on your own to Delhi. From one city to another city, hop on your Hogwarts Express and say adios to the never sleeping cities as you will be entering the magical world of Dehradun. As the night dawns upon us, make some connections with the fellow trekmates as they are your extended family for next 7 days. Listen to their mountain stories and spread nothing but good vibes.
Day 2: December 24, 2017 – Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (200kms; 10-11 hours)
Our drive to Sankri begins. The banks of the River Tons are a treat by themselves, especially so as they slowly give way to the ‘Queen of Hills’ (a.k.a Mussoorie). Take a moment to take it all in. It will be late in the evening when we will reach the base village. We know the excitement of the following day may just keep you keep, but tired eyes may not get you very far. So enjoy a scrumptious meal and tuck in before the adventure begins!
Day 3: December 25, 2017– Drive from Sankri to Taluka; And it begins from Taluka to Seema (14kms;5-6 hours) Altitude: 6,400ft – 8,700ft
We start our day with an adventurous 2 hour drive which includes passing dense forest cover and crossing multiple fast flowing streams. As we begin our trek, we hike along the true left bank of the River Tons. We walk alongside the river for most part of the day, occasionally running into the forest with moderate inclines. When close to the river, you may splash the chilly glacial water on your face and rejuvenate to continue walking the trail. You see a bridge over the river, don’t cross it! Walk straight, and soon(in the language of a trek leader), you would reach Seema.Here, you will be showered with the hospitality of the Garhwalis, since that forms a part of their life ethic.
Day 4: December 26, 2017 – Seema to reachingHar Ki Doon (11kms; 6 hours) Altitude: 8,700ft – 11,700
Its time to get High!11,700ft, our next destination, Har Ki Doon awaits us! Getting there is mixture of leisure walks and steep climbs, especially KalkattiDhaar, which is where your heart will begin to race. KalkattiDhaar is one of the most scenic places, in fact the below picture has been capture from just there! Its now time to enjoy some walks, as you cross fields of beans and rice.You may interact with some villagers here, an excuse to get yourself some rest and also grab your day lunch. Look out for KalaNag and Bandarpooch ranges looming in the distance. As we turn left, dense forests give way to beautiful soft meadows, with the mighty peaks at the backdrop, illustrating a beautiful canvas painted by the brush of nature. Your destination is not far away. Those leading the trail, get ready to learn setting up tents, while the others arrive. Stare into the sky to see a beautiful sunset. Enjoy a mouth watering dinner after the day’s hard work, post which lose yourself, stretching you neck upwards, staring into the abyss of the Milky Way!
Day 5: December 27, 2017 –Har Ki Doon to Jaundhar Glacier (9 kms; 5 hours) / ManindaTal(3kms; 3 hours)/ Rest Altitude: 11,700ft – 12,000ft
Watch the rising sun , turn the peaks into a shade of velvet gold. You may either choose to be an explorer, a philosopher or a chiller, for the day. Explorers, gear up for to climb to jaundhar, a glacier 9km away, passing through zero point and Swargroini base. Philosophers, fill up your packs for Maninda Lake, a glacial lake, where resides a rare flower Brahma Kamal which only blooms at night. Chillers, leave your packs behind as you are going to let out the kid in you while rolling and running free in the meadows
Day 6: December 28, 2017 – Har Ki Doon to Osla (11kms; 4 hours) Altitude: 11,700ft – 8,800ft
Enjoy your last morning in the Valley of Gods as today you would descend to Osla.A recap of the view seen the day prior flashes across your eyes, as you continue savouring the beauty of the location. Listen to the gurgling sound of the river which continues to flow with you throughout your leisurely descent. Today we will reach the mythological village of Osla. Osla holds great importance in the Hindu mythology, as it is the only village that houses the temple of Lord Duryodhana. The carvings of deities in the temple are a sheer beauty to one’s sight. Spend the evening exploring the village of Osla and interacting with the locals here. Enjoy your dinner cooked by the locals here. Overnight – Stay in a typical Osla styled wooden guesthouse.
Day 7:December 29, 2017 – Osla to Sankri (14 kms; 4-5hours) Altitude: 8,800ft – 6,400ft
We would try reaching Sankri at the earliest to ensure a good rest before a long drive the next day to Rishikesh. However, we would not wish for you to miss out on celebrating the trek and the view that followed suit.
Day 8:December 30, 2017 –Sankri to Rishikesh – Rafters’ World
Rishikesh. What better way to relax after a long drive than at a beautiful campsite on the banks of the River Ganges and also enjoy the bonfire under a moonlit-starlit sky.
Day 9: December 31, 2017– Celebrate New Years’ with a party on the banks of The Mighty Ganges
The last day of the year and what would be the better way of celebrating it than embracing the rapid currents of River Ganga. Feel the adrenaline rush as you gear up in your rafting suit and step into the raft. Do not let the winter chills of the Ganga get the best of you and embrace them with open hands. A lifetime experience in one of the most thrilling waters of the nation is sure to make you feel you exhilarating. Since waters make you feel hungry, we break for lunch and then set out to try the adventure activities offered by the rafting camps at Rishikesh. Since it is the last day of the Year 2017, it has to be unforgettable. Atypical from the routine celebration of the New years’ back at home, the new year 2018 is welcomed in the home of mountains, under the starlit sky and with new friends. This would also be the last night of our trek, so there would have to be some music and dance as well!Spend the night, staying wide awake and welcome the first day of the Year 2018 in the mountains.
Day 10: January 01,2018 – Breakfast at Rishikesh and departure for Delhi/Dehradun
After the New Years’ party, we expect a lazy morning and therefore after a leisurely breakfast, it is time to pack your bags and head towards Delhi / Dehradun. Its’ about time that we seek farewell from the mountains and head back to the city life, but only to return back soon.
Day 11: January 02,2018 – Reach Mumbai by Evening
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack- If you are offloading your rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Surreal trek through the glistening white snow covered mountains
- Drive through “Queen of Hills” –Mussoorie and reach the astonishing village of Sankri located on a hill slope
- Get to touch the sky and get an eye level view of the famous mountain summits
- Catch glimpses of Swargarohini Peaks I, II, III, Bandarpooch and Blackpeak glistening and showcasting its beauty
- Forget the usual celebrations back in your city and bring in the New Year in an unique manner, battling the intense rapids of river Ganga through white-water rafting in Rishikesh
What is included in the tour
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic tents and guesthouse (Triple sharing basis)
- All meals from Day-2 to Day-9
- Breakfast on Day-10
- Travel cost from Delhi to Dehradun and Rishikesh to Delhi (Option 1 and 2)
- Train fare from Mumbai to Delhi and back (Option 1)
- Professional trek leads, event management fees and support staff
- First aid medical kits and medical assistance during the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reasons, obstructions, landslides etc.
- Any personal expenses incurred during the trek
- Offloading of bags during the trek
- Travel cost of arrival upto Delhi. (Option2)
- Travel cost post Delhi , if any. (Option 2)
- Lunch and dinner costs on Day 10
- Other adventure activities except rafting, done by the participants
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion