Trekking & Camping to Harishchandragad Fort
Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Medium
This mighty Fort never fails to amuse wanderers with its abundance of, mythological, historical importance and most picturesque it’s mountainous ranges. Yeah Harishchandragad it is!
Harishchandragad Trek : is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar District of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. The cliff has an overhang, but has been climbed many times. Sometimes a circular rainbow (Brocken Spectre phenomenon) can be seen from this point. It can be seen only when there is a bit of mist in the valley, and the sun is right behind the person facing the valley.
Trekking till Harischandragad and camping at this historical location is indeed an experience worth remembering.
Please Note: Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
What is included in the tour
- Food: Sat – Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea and Dinner; Sun – Breakfast and Lunch
- Tented Accommodations on Triple or Quadruple basis
- Transport from Kasara to Kasara
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire
Day 0 – Friday Night
- Catch Last Local to Kasara
- 12:14 @ CST
- 12:22 @ Byculla
- 12:32 @ Dadar
- 12:42 @ Kurla
- 01:08 @ Thane
- 01:41 @ Kalyan
- 02:55 @ Kasara
Day 1 – Saturday
- 03:00 am: Meet Travel Trikon Team at Kasara station
- 03:30 am: Move ahead to Pachnai Base Village by Private Jeep
- 04:00 am: Tea / Coffee on the way
- 06:00 am: Reach Pachnai Village
- 08:00 am: Freshen up and Breakfast
- 08.15 am: Start trek to Harischandragad
- 11:00 am: Reach Konkankada. Rest and Relax for some time
- 12.30 pm: Lunch time
- 01.00 pm: Explore Harishchandragad and nap for a while
- 05.30 pm: Enjoy Sunset from Konkankada
- 8.00 pm: Dinner
- Camping Time Eeh! Bring on the ideas of Fun, We have planned ours too!
- Tented Accommodation @ KonkanKada
Day 2 – Sunday
- 04:00 am: Wake up to climb Taramati peak, second highest peak of Maharashtra
- 05:30 am: Reach top
- 06:00 am: Start descend to witness hypnotizing Konkankada
- 07:30 am: Breakfast in the open arena of Kokankada
- 09:00 am: Start descend
- 12:00 pm: Reach Pachnai
- 12.30 pm: After reaching Pachnai, hog on yummy lunch
- 05.00 pm: Reach Kasara, start travel for Mumbai
- 08.00 pm: Reach Mumbai