This is the only trek that takes you through different terrains on each day. You start your climb from Kullu valley passing through dense pine and maple forest, followed by hiking through lush green meadows alongside the river. The first sight of snow awaits you as you climb up all the way up to the pass. On crossing the pass, you enter into Lahaul valley which is a cold desert, completely distinguished from the earlier terrain. On completion of the trek, we drive to the dazzling Chandertal Lake. For the record, this trail has had many trekkers falling in love with the mountains forever after.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation (camping during trek)
- Guest House/Home Stay at Rumsu
- Volvo tickets | Semi Sleeper(Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi)
- Rucksack(65 liters) with cover.
- Plate, mug and spoon
- Veg meals while on trek
- Trekking equipment(Tents, Sleeping bags)
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Journey till Delhi
- Food during Bus Journey
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the trek
- Anything not mentioned in the exclusion
- Any extra cost incurred due to natural calamities
- Any hospitalization or treatment cost
- 5% GST
- Visit the famous Chandertal Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Lahaul - Spiti Valley, one of the toughest motorable road in the world!
- Stay amidst the lush green territory
- Endless river stream throughout the trekking route
- Snow-capped Hampta Pass offers surreal view
- Drive through Rohtang Pass – A must-visit
- Shop and Eat at Manali & lots more
Day 1: Overnight drive from Delhi to Manali
- We start by 6pm from Delhi airport- Domestic terminal hence all participants arriving via flight are advised to assemble at the parking lot by 5.30pm. Participants arriving otherwise than by flight, must assemble at the Main gate of New Delhi Railway Station by 6.15pm, this being the second pickup point.
- The bus will take us through till Manali, where we reach early morning the following day.
Day 2: Bhuntar to Rumsu Base Camp (Altitude: 6,700 feet)
- We reach Bhunter at 6 AM and drive from Bhuntar to Rumsu Base Camp by jeep
- Registration, Acclimatization walk, Rappelling / Rock Climbing and Orientation at Rumsu Base Camp
- Stay in Rumsu Base Camp
Day 3: Rumsu to Chikka
- After morning breakfast we will start the day’s trek with a beautiful drive to Hamta dam from Rumsu at 8 am.The trek to Chikka starts from Hamta Dam and is easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to complete it. There is a small forest patch and then two wooden bridges before you reach the campsite. Chikka has big rock boulders and a beautiful waterfall.
- Overnight in tents at Chikka.
Day 4: Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
- After morning breakfast we will start the trek for Balu Ka Ghera. Trek duration is around 4 to 5 hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera scaling 11900 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the bank of the river crossing few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way.
- Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream in reality. One can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. Snacks would be served in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
Day 5: Balu ka Ghera to Shia Ghoru
- Today’s trek starts early as we will try covering the maximum snow patch before sun rise. The trek route from Balu Gehra towards Shia Ghoru is a moderate climb, scaling 4,200 meters. The trek duration is relatively long and starts by 5 am in the morning from Balu ka Gera. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the top of the Hamta Pass.
- The aerial views of Spiti valley from Hamta Pass is quite breathtaking. We will then descend from Hamta top towards Shia Ghoru. The descend is steep and at times when snow is abundant one can slide down to reach Shia Ghoru.
Day 6: Shia Ghoru to Chandrataal to Chatru.
- After morning breakfast we will start the trek to Chatru. The beautiful view of the valleys of Lahaul and Spiti are not to be missed during the trek. The mountains of Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges adds to the beauty. Chatru is a meeting point of roads coming from Rohtang Pass, Hampta Paas and Spiti. Jeep safari to Chandrataal from Chatru .
- Myths say that Yudhishthir, the eldest Pandava was called to heaven from Chandra Taal. Overnight camping at Chatru.
Day 7: Jeep Ride from Chatru to Rumsu base camp. Departure at 4PM.
- After morning breakfast we will start the jeep ride to Manali via Rohtang Pass.
- Certificate distribution.Departure after 4 PM from Rumsu base camp for New Delhi.
Day 8: Arrival at New Delhi.
- Reach Delhi at 9 am
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.