This is the only trek that takes you through different terrains on each day. You start your climb from Kullu valley passing through dense pine and maple forest, followed by hiking through lush green meadows alongside the river. The first sight of snow awaits you as you climb up all the way up to the pass. On crossing the pass, you enter into Lahaul valley which is a cold desert, completely distinguished from the earlier terrain. On completion of the trek, we drive to the dazzling Chandertal Lake. For the record, this trail has had many trekkers falling in love with the mountains forever after.
Ensure that you schedule your flights/trains in a way that you reach Majnu KaTila not later than 4:30 PM.
We shall arrive into Delhi by morning. It is suggested that modes of transport should be scheduled post 12 PM to avoid any mishap.Missing flights or trains could be disastrous, hence, please make your choices wisely.
Batch 1 : Sat, 15 Jun, 2019 to Wed, 19 Jun, 2019 ( Ex Delhi )
Batch 2 : Sun, 16 Jun, 2019 to Thu, 20 Jun, 2019 ( Ex Manali )
Day 1: 11th June - Overnight drive from Delhi to Manali, 540 kms; 12-14 hrs , Altitude:700 Feet to 6,700 Feet
Meet your Travel Trikon Buddy at MajnuKaTila by 4:30 PM. We will be boarding the bus for Manali from here. The journey ends the following morning.
Day 2: 12th June - Drive from Manali to Jobra, Trek from Jobra to Jwara, 7 kms; 6 hrs , Altitude: 9,800 feet to 11,100 feet
We travel by road to Jobra. The route is a steep uphill with multiple hairpin bends on the way. A dam and hydropower station is situated at Jobra. This place has some stunning views of an overhanging cliff that looks like Pandora from the movie Avatar.
This is where our day's trek begins. The trail passes through a dense forest with tall pine and maple trees which leads to the lush green meadows and the Rani Nala running right through the valley. We then enter into a terrain of stones and boulders, crossing which we reach a waterfall. It is now time to experience your first crossing of an icy cold Himalayan stream. Not too far from here, you'll be able to spot our campsite for the night!
Day 3: 13th June - Trek from Jwara to Baluka Gera, 5 kms; 4 hrs , Altitude: 11,100 feet to 12,400 feet
Today’s trek begins with crossing the valley through small streams, followed by a gentle uphill slope. Here's the point where you'd have left the tree line behind. Walking over lush green terrain you will be able to see snow-clad peaks, beyond which somewhere liesHampta Pass. We reach Baluka Gera, a beautiful campsite with exotic sunset views. It has got its name due to excessive amounts of silt depositions left behind by the flowing river. Here, you may experience some strong winds during the night.
Day 4: 14th June - Trek from Baluka Gera to Sheagoru via Hampta Pass, 7 kms; 9 hrs , Altitude: 12,400 feet to 14,100 feet; descend to 12,250 feet
Today's trek is divided into 2 parts: Moderate ascent to Hampta Pass and descent to Sheagoru campsite. The climb to the pass is moderately steep. You move along the river, until your first serious climb begins. The climb to the pass consists of two plateaus, a moderate descent followed by the final vertical climb to the pass. It is an extremely fulfilling experience to get to the top of the pass. Enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountains before descending into Lahaul valley.
The descent is slightly trickier than the ascent. Depending upon snow conditions, we may have the option to enjoy a swift snow slide down the slope. You then traverse through some slippery terrain before getting to the campsite. The distinguished nature of the terrain will leave you amazed.
Day 5: 15th June - Trek from Sheagoru to Chhatru, Drive to Chandertal and back, 7 kms; 5 hrs , Altitude: 12,250 feet to 10,900 feet
You walk along the river on your way down before crossing it for the last time during the trek. The descent is slightly tricky while it offers a fabulous view of the typical Lahaul valley landscape comprising of barren mountains with patches of green. Walk through the valley consisting of some slippery patches till you get to Chhatru where we halt for lunch.
Depending whether or not the roads are open, we drive to Chandertal (14,100 feet) in Spiti valley, which is about 70 kms from Chattru. This is a moon-shaped lake of incomparable beauty and leaves one spellbound. At most times, one can see a clear reflection in the lake of the mountains around. After spending sometime here, we drive back to Chhatru, where we set the camp for the night.
Day 6: 16th June - Drive from Chhatru to Manali, 85 kms; 5 hrs ; Transfer to Delhi
The drive to Manali is a very scenic one. Bidding adieu to the Spiti valley, the route passes through Rohtang Pass which has a fantastic view. On reaching Manali, we freshen up and rest for a while at the hotel. Later, we celebrate and distribute certificates before getting back to the bus, on our way back to Delhi.
Day 7: 17th June - Arrival in Delhi by 9 AM.
The trek ends, but the beginning to the blossom of bonds created over the past days!
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for use at campsites
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 3-4 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars (optional)
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch on during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
- Venture into the majestic Lahaul - Spiti Valley, one of the toughest motorable road in the world!
- Stay amidst the lush green territory
- Endless river stream throughout the trekking route
- Snow-capped Hampta Pass offers surreal view
- Shop and Eat at Manali & lots more
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in tents and homestays on triple sharing basis.
- AC-Volvo Travel to and from Delhi.(Option 1)
- All meals during the trek only.
- Trekking equipment(Tents, Sleeping bags)
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Journey till Delhi
- Journey from Delhi to Manali (Option 2)
- Food during Bus Journey
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the trek
- Anything not mentioned in the exclusion
- Any extra cost incurred due to natural calamities
- Any hospitalization or treatment cost
- 5% GST