Garbett Plateau is one of the most beautiful treks in Matheran. It offers a 360 degree view of the entire Matheran range from the top. Starting from Bhivpuri, the trail alternates between flat and steep patches thereby making it a challenging yet fun trek. A night trek is sure to add thrill to the adventure of making it to the top by sunrise!
About Garbett Point
Situated on the south-west of Matheran, Garbett Point offers a breathtaking view of the range and the lake below. Back in 1850, Hugh Poyntz Malet discovered this place for leisure and relaxation. Windy and breezy, Garbett point is indeed a beautiful destination to hike any time of the year. The plateau can be spotted from the train itself!
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Dasturi Naka to Neral
- Food: Breakfast
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, mineral water etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Explore the vast plateau
- Experience the thrill of a night trek
- Enjoy a glorious sunrise amid mountains
- Chance to capture panoramic views from top
Saturday , 21st April 2018
23:15 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Bhivpuri Station
23:30 pm Start the trek after an introduction round
Sunday , 22nd April 2018
05:30 am Reach the top to experience beautiful sunrise
07:30 am Head to Dasturi Naka after exploring the plateau
08:30 am Stop for breakfast at Matheran
09:30 am Take a cab till Neral station
10:30 am Reach Neral station and catch a train to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST Karjat Fast Local for Saturday
Please try to board the first compartment from Karjat side. Missing the train means missing the trek, so please be on time.
- 21:20 Mumbai CST
- 21:27 Byculla
- 21:34 Dadar
- 21:43 Kurla
- 21:47 Ghatkopar
- 21:57 Mulund
- 22:01 Thane
- 22:14 Dombivili
- 22:22 Kalyan
- 23:06 Bhivpuri
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Sleeping Bag or proper bedding
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- If you miss the train, you miss the trek. No refunds shall be entertained for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.