Fireflies Special Trek to Rajmachi
Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders.
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. It is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala. Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. The fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared as a protected monument.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Lonavala to Lonavala
- Food: Saturday evening snacks and Dinner, Sunday Breakfast
- Dormitory Accommodation at Rajmachi
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling: Mumbai to Lonavala & Return
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Twinkling Fireflies are a highlight of this journey
- Experience rustic village stay
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Rajmachi will keep you hooked!
- Monsoon beauty with offers you all possible shades of green everywhere
Day 1: Saturday
4:00 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Lonavala Station.
4:30 pm Enjoy evening snacks at Lonavala
5:30 pm Take local transport to Tungarli Dam
6:30 pm Reach Tungarli Dam and start the trek alongside numerous fireflies
9:30 pm Reach base village and relax
Day 2: Sunday 27th May 2018
6:00 am Wake up call and freshen up
6:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan fort
9:00 am Back to base village and enjoy breakfast
10:00 am Start our Return Journey Back to Lonavala
11:00 am Reach Lonavala
11:30 am Catch Train / Bus Transport for Mumbai
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Karjat Local @1:10 pm
1.10 pm Mumbai CST
1.17 pm Byculla
1.23 pm Dadar
1.31 pm Kurla
1.45 pm Mulund
1.49 pm Thane
2.02 pm Dombivli
2.11 pm Kalyan
3.04 pm Karjat
From Karjat we will catch Karjat-Pune Unreserved Local
Karjat @ 3.10 pm
Lonavala:@ 3:53 pm
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Sleeping bag or bedsheet
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Lonavala
- Board the second Compartment from Karjat Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.