Fireflies Special Trek to Prabalmachi
Prabalmachi is a little hamlet hiding in the hills, so close to our megacity! It offers a picturesque backdrop of two gigantic Sahyadri peaks--Prabalgad and Kalavantin. Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders.
Spend some relaxing time at Prabalmachi base village. Simply indulge in never ending conversations and share stories. Wake up to mesmerizing views of the valley and check out the city lights that will make your weekend worthwhile.
Located very close to Mumbai, Prabalmachi serves as the base village for famous treks of Prabalgad and Kalavantin forts. A highlighting feature is that it also plays host to numerous fireflies. It is a sight you would have never seen before!
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Batch 1 : 25th - 26th May 2019
Batch 2 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 3 : 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 4 : 15th - 16th June 2019
Batch 5 : 22nd - 23rd June 2019
Pune People can do booking from here
Day 1: Saturday
06:15 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport
07:00 pm Reach base village. Start trek to Prabalmachi after a round of introduction.
08:30 pm Reach Prabalmachi and freshen up
09:00 pm Enjoy local cuisine for dinner
10:00 pm Head out to spot fireflies. Return to camping site and retire for the day.
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call and freshen up
08:30 am Start descend post breakfast
10:00 am Start return journey by local transport
11:00 am Reach Panvel station and catch respective local trains
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch 4:51 pm local train from CST to Panvel
04:51 pm - CSTM
05:09 pm - Wadala
05:20 pm - Kurla
05:39 pm - Vashi
06:09 pm - Panvel
Catch 5:22 pm Local Train from Thane to Panvel
05:22 pm - Thane
05:51 pm - Nerul
06:13 pm - Panvel
- Look at numerous sparkling fireflies
- Camping at the hill-top
- Campfire activities
- Panoramic view of both Kalavantin & Prabalgad
- Team bonding games
- Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Panvel to Thakurwadi and back
- Food: Dinner and Breakfast with Tea
- Sharing Basis Home Stay Incase of Rains
- Twin Sharing Accomodation With Bedding
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Panvel
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.