“I’D rather be backpacking through Europe”
This dialogue might have struck you in many situations. Now Travel Trikon brings you this unique opportunity to travel to few best places in Europe. There are lot of stories waiting for you to live them. This backpacking trip is all about having a slice of Wanderlust, a few Detours, a spoonful of Local Flavours, a pinch of Adventure, a bit of Quirk & a Bucketful of Happiness. We travel just not to tick places but explore them to the fullest with all Trikon style masti and happiness.
Date : 21st April - 04th May 2019
Day 1- Sunday 21st April , Budapest
Pickup from Budapest Airport. Budapest carries an old Parisian charm in its architecture which is both beautiful and subtle.Reach Budapest by morning and check in to the hotel. After fresh Up, Its time to explore the city.In the evening, proceed to the magnificent Danube river cruise and see Budapest change its colour to sky blue to golden lights. Retire the day with sumptuous Hungarian dinner and gossips.
Day 2 - Monday 22nd April , Budapest
Cycle your way through the alleys of Budapest covering the touristy part of Budapest- Hungarian Parliament, Buda castle, Jewish Synagogue, Chain Bridge and the Fisherman's bastion which are all incredibly beautiful buildings.Later you can opt to relax at one of the various natural thermal springs, which Budapest is famous for. Later in the night explore exciting Budapest nightlife.
Day 3 - Tuesday 23rd April , Budapest
What’s a trip without a little adventure? We will go for Caving/Spelunking adventure in a highly protected naturally preserved drip-stone rich cave. Imagine walking through the same natural caves which were a hiding place once for Hungarian soldiers from the invading Nazi Army. Be it summer or winter, the temperature inside the caves always remain the same.
Day 4: Wednesday 24th April , Ljubljana
Time to travel to the city awarded the cleanest city in European Union. This city has a water fountain on almost every corner. Can you believe it? After freshening up, we do a cycle tour of this city in evening just in time for sun to set in. We will go slowly around the city on our cycles visiting about 10 places on the way.Later on, we will sit by the tranquil riverfront and watch the world go by. Life’s definitely a beach in this European town of Slovenia.
Day 5: Thursday 25th April , Lake Bled
The lake is one of the most beautiful in the world.
This place is magical featuring a little white Gothic Church on an island in the middle of the emerald green lake surrounded on all sides by mountain. We will huddle up in middle of the local Pletna Boats to pay a visit to the beautiful Church. It is said that whatever you wish for, here at the ‘Wishing Bell’ becomes true. No guarantees though. Post Lake Bled, we head back to Ljubljana.
Day 6: Friday 26th April , Departure to Croatia
Today we depart by bus/train to Rijeka which is beautiful port town of Croatia. These couple of days we will leave our backpacking mode and lead a slow life. Our stay here will be a prime Sea facing property. End the day sitting by the sea, singing songs, playing games and basically just chilling in your favourite Trikon style.
Day 7: Saturday 27th April , Croatia
Scuba-Dive time!! While Snorkeling is included in the itinerary, you can opt to upgrade it for a Scuba Dive with our trainer. The sea is as blue and clear as it can get with amazing coral reefs - an ideal spot for Scuba. Grab on your full wet-suit with your Scuba gear and get ready to see some amazing sea life. In the evening, we will go and explore the medieval town square of Rijeka to sample some great Croatian food.
Day 8 : Sunday 28th April , Innsbruck
We depart for Austrian town of Innsbruck, which is just on the border of Switzerland but twice as beautiful. The meadows are as green as possible and you will still find Snow on the far away mountains. For once we opt out trekking and take cable car ride to the highest mountain of Austria- Nordketten. Move over Mount Titlis or Mount Pilatus which are highly touristy full of crowd. This place is an absolute gem with breathtaking views and little crowd so that you have all the time to yourself to soak in.
At the very top, we will find snow here to make your very own Snowman .
Day 9 : Monday, 29th April , Innsbruck
It’s all glitz and glamour as we visit the Swarovski crystal factory museum today. If you are a fan of Swarovski crystals, this is the cheapest place where you would find them with the most intricate of designs.Later we visit highest Alpine zoo with most innocent Alpine animals.For casino fan in you, you will be provided with a welcome chips and a drink.
Day 10 : Tuesday, 30th April , Innsbruck and Zurich
This day you have the choice to attend guided city walk or 3-hour bicycle ride or take over to a scenic ride to Mount Igls from where the views over Austria are breathtaking.Later in the evening, we depart for Switzerland. After all, best desert should be tasted at last.
Day 11 , Wednesday, 01st May , Zurich
We visit the Lake Zurich- the grandest lake in entirety of Switzerland and do a one and half hour boat trip here.We will also do a river cruise on magnificent river of Limmat that goes through the middle of Zurich to enter Lake Zurich.
Day 12 : Thursday, 02nd May , Zurich
In morning, we take a train ride to the lush green mountains of Uetliburg from where you can see the entirety of Switzerland with its amazing meadows in all shades of green that you can imagine. This place will reaffirm why many of those yesteryear movies were shot in Switzerland.
Day 13 : Friday, 03rd May , Zurich
Zurich’s Old town has its own charm. We do the guided walking tour of Old town of Zurich by an experienced guide.We will keep rest of the day free to shop for Chocolates and Souvenirs. Rest of you who do not want to indulge in shopping, can join in for museum trail.
Day 14 : Saturday , 04th May , Departure to India
And this marks the end to our European Sojourn with memories that will last a lifetime and friends that you will hold onto forever.Ideally we book flights for morning as we will check out from the hotel today.
Where do we stay?
Apart from being safe, hygienic and centrally located, our carefully chosen hotels also have interesting stories- be it about their history or their guests. Hotels are chosen such that you major sightseeing points are located stone’s throw away.
- Passport should be valid until six months after trip.
- Passport should have at least five pages free.
- Visa is to be applied at least 2 weeks before the trip.
- Visa consultancy will be provided but cannot guarantee Visa as it depends on embassy decision.
- Name on flight ticket should match with that on passport
Cancellation Policy :
- Cancellation before 28th Feb
- Cost: 30k and rest will be refunded.
- Cancellation before 31st March
- Cost: 40k and rest will be refunded
- Cancellation after 01st April , no refund will be provided
Terms and conditions:
- This trip is for age group of 18-40 years old. We may make an exception in some of the cases.
- This trip requires moderate fitness. You should be prepared to walk about 4 km a day (not together of course)
- We are extremely strict about women safety. Any misbehavior with women within group or outside the group will lead to immediate expulsion.
- You are an adult and have to take full responsibility at all times and respect other culture.
- You have to follow all the instructions told by the trip leader at all times.
- When you are traveling alone, you have to keep trip leader informed about your whereabouts.
- Travel Trikon will not be responsible for any legal dispute arising out of your own actions.
- You have to abide by all rules and regulations and respect culture of of another country.
- You would be traveling with other people; you have to respect everyone’s privacy.
- We have a fixed itinerary for the whole trip, but due to unforeseen circumstances (like flight delays etc.), weather disturbances etc. plan might have to be changed.
- We would be staying in hostel or apartments and would be sharing room with other people.Though all hostels chosen are safe and well-rated but responsibility for your stuff lies with you. Please do not carry any expensive stuff not required.
Things to Carry
- Passport & Visa
- Camera (Optional)
- Clothes & Winter wear
- Clean napkin and towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Budapest Ljubljana Croatia Innsbruck Zurich
- Caving/Spelunking, River cruise and cycle trip in Budapest
- Cycle trip in Ljubljana
- Excursion to Lake Bled and boating to lake island.
- Snorkelling/ScubaDive in Croatia
- Cable car to Highest mountain of Innsbruck
- Visit to Swarovski world, Alpine Zoo and Casino.
- Zurich river boating
- Hike to Uetliberg
What is included in the tour
- Stay in centrally located and highly recommended hostels/apartments
- Inter-city travel by Air-conditioned Mercedes/Volvo bus or private coach or High-speed train.
- Local Transport to all places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Daily breakfast for entire trip.
- Budapest->River-cruise,Guided Cycling tour of the city,Guided caving expedition.
- Ljubljana-> Guided cycle tour, Excursion to Lake Bled along with boat ride to Church Island.
- Rijeka->Snorkeling equipment upgradable to guided Scuba dive for 40 Euros.
- Sea facing apartment stay in Croatia.
- Innsbruck-> Cable car to top of Nordketten, Swarovski museum, Casino with free drink, Alpine Zoo and much more.
- Zurich->river cruise in Lake Limmat, Boat ride in Zurich Lake, Excursion to mount Uetliburg
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare. ( Its available at a cost of INR 45,000 - 50,000 )
- Visa fee (However we will assist you in case you need)
- Travel Insurance
- Any local taxes that may come up after announcement of trip.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST