Duke's Nose Monsoon Trek Nestled between Lonavala & Khandala, Dukes Nose is a trekker’s paradise for all the adventure enthusiasts. It’s being renamed after Sir Duke Wellington’s Pointed Nose, another name for Dukes Nose Point is Nagphani. As the cliff forms the shape of hooded snake. Roaring winds & misty fog makes the trekking trail an adventurous one. There is a Shiva Temple at the summit, where one can stand and witness the breathtaking views. Just be there to capture the panoramic view of Western Ghats, Mumbai - Pune expressway and juggling trains. Indulge in some adventure to get away with weekday chaos.
About Dukes Nose
Nagphani (Duke's Nose) appears almost inaccessible, but it is a surprisingly simple trek to reach the summit from the southern approach. The trekker is rewarded with amazing views of the Mumbai-Pune road and rail corridors, as well as great views of Khandala and the surrounding Sahyadri peaks
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Indulge in the blissful weather of Lonavala - Khandala
- Climb to the Summit to witness Shiva Temple
- Panoramic Backdrop of surreal green landscapes
05:50 am: Meet Travel Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E)
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village
06:20 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
07:00 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
07:20 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
10.00 am : Reach Kurvande
10.30 am : Enjoy having breakfast
11.00 am : Start trekking
12.30 am : Reach the top
01.30 pm : Explore and Lunch
02.30 pm : Start descending
04.30 pm : Reach Base village
05.00 pm : Snacks at base village
06.00 pm : Start return journey
09.00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.