Grade: Easy – Moderate
If you thought Goa is only about beaches, think again! Tucked away in the midst of the dense forests of Goa-Karnataka border is one of India’s tallest waterfall – Dudhsagar waterfall which literally means “Sea of Milk”. The Dudhsagar waterfall tumbling down from an altitude of 1017 ft is a spectacle by itself. Add to that, the white-as-milk cascade, the rich flora and fauna of the area, the sceneries on the way and the mysticism of the place which combine to make a perfect recipe for a phenomenal getaway. Yes, it’s the same waterfall which caught the fancy of Bollywood in Chennai Express and left the audience awestruck. What makes this trek unique? Well, this is one of those rarest of rare treks where you walk on railway tracks passing through tunnels on the way to reach the falls!! In fact, it is the only way the falls can be accessed.
This season is especially suited for camping near the dudhsagar waterfall as the flow is just right for sighting, exploration and accessibility to the base unlike in monsoons. Post the trek, camping in the jungle with the flowing streams providing background music will help you de-stress like never before. Watch the jungle unravel its night beauty in front of your eyes as you engage in musical sessions, fun games and story-sharing sitting around the warmth of the campfire with your fellow trekkers.
Embark on this unique expedition with Travel Trikon to have an experience of a lifetime! What are you waiting for?
Dudhsagar Falls is a four-tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the border of the Indian states of Karnataka and Goa. Dudhsagar Falls is amongst India’s tallest waterfalls with a height of 310 m(1017 feet) and an average width of 30 metres (100 feet). The falls is located in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park among the Western Ghats. The area is surrounded by deciduous forests with rich bio diversity.
Day 0: Friday , 15th December 2017
- 9:30 pm Meet Travel Trikon Team at CST station to catch 12133/Mumbai-Mangalore Fast Express; overnight Journey in the train.
Day 1: Saturday , 16th December 2017
- 7:30 am Reach Madgaon
- 8:00 am Travel till Kulem by local transport
- 9:30 am Reach Kulem and have breakfast
- 10:30 am Post introduction commence trekking toward Dudhsagar Waterfall through jungle and railway track route
- 2:30 pm Reach base camp and have lunch
- 4:30 pm Start Trekking toward Dudhsagar Waterfall Bridge
- 5:30 pm Reach Dudhsagar Waterfall Bridge and visit Dudhsagar Viewpoint
- 7:00 pm Start trekking back to the camping location
- 8:00 pm Camping in the forest near to the waterfall base for overnight stay
- 9:00 pm Campfire and fun activities at the camp
Day 2: Sunday, 17th December 2017
- 06:00 am Rise and shine
- 06:30 am Trek till base of Dudhsagar Waterfall
- 07:00 am Fun time at the falls
- 09:00 am Breakfast
- 10:00 am Start trekking through jungle route to reach Kulem Station
- 02:00 pm Reach Kulem; freshen up and lunch at Kulem Guest House
- 05:00 pm Catch local transport for Madgaon Station
- 08:20 pm Catch 12620 Mangalore-Mumbai Fast Express; overnight journey in train .
Day 3: Monday, 18th December 2017
- Reach Lokmanya Tilak Terminus @ 06:30am
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Get astonished with Huge Everlasting, Ever flowing Dudhsagar Waterfalls
- Jeep Ride toward Dudhsagar Waterfall & Jungle Trail
- Goan food to cherish.
- Unending train Stories
What is included in the tour
- Non-AC Sleeper Coach in train; reservation from Mumbai to Madgaon & Return
- Traveling by local transport from Madgaon to Madgaon Station
- Food: Day 1 – Breakfast , Lunch, Dinner , Day 2 – Breakfast , Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- Triple Sharing Tented Accommodation
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during train journey (Friday and Sunday Night Meal)
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion