What’s so special about this corner of India you ask? Well, Chhattisgarh is a state full of surprises! From waterfalls, forests to ethnic villages; Chhattisgarh has a lot more to offer than you can imagine. It’s home to the charming Chitrakoot & cascading Tirathgarh Waterfalls and the Kanger Valley National Park of the famed Dandak Caves. The destination of Bastar is worth exploring if you crave for traditional specialities and enjoy cultural diversity. The people are warm and will welcome you to their homes as well as hearts. Spend the nights camping by the waterfall & stargazing clear skies and explore the mysterious caves, temples surrounded by forests and local markets by day. What better way to spend Christmas Holidays this year. Come home rejuvenated after a unique travel experience with Travel Trikon.
What is included in the tour
- Non Ac Sleeper train tickets – Mumbai to Raipur and back
- Local transportation from Raipur station to Raipur station for sight seeing
- Activities – Trekking, Caving
- Accommodation – 3 nights – triple sharing for camping at Chitrakoot village, Dholkal village and Hotel stay at Jagdalpur
- Food: All meals from Day 1 dinner to Day 5 breakfast. One day Bastar traditional food.
- Entry, guide charges at Kanger National Valley Park
- Guide charges for Dholkal trek
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera charges at Kanger National Valley Park
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Chill by the Chitrakoot Waterfalls
- Explore more waterfalls at Tirathgarh and other points
- Camp by the Chitrakoot Waterfalls to wake up to a mesmerizing scenery
- Enjoy stargazing in clear skies
- Trek to an unexplored temple surrounded by forest
- Meet n greet local tribes, learn their tradition and cultures
- Shop at unique local markets
- Indulge in delicious local cuisine including the famous “red ant chatni”
- Go caving in the Kanger Valley National Park
- Visit Narayanpal Temple and tribal memory pillars
- Chance to spot the “Bastar Hill Myna”- the state bird of Chhattisgarh
Day 0 – December 21st, Thursday
Meet the Travel Trikon Team at LTT and Board the Train 12151 Samarasta SF Express at 8.30 pm for overnight journey to Raipur.
Day 1 – December 22nd, Friday
We reach Raipur and head towards Chitrakoot in a Traveler. We enjoy our 7-hour journey to Chitrakoot with fun and games. Spend the first day on the adventurous backpacking trip by camping near Chitrakoot falls with the bonfire. If you are coming by air, make sure you reach Raipur before 2:30pm.
Day 2 – December 23rd, Saturday
We explore the Chitrakoot waterfalls, and later head to the historical Narayanpal temple and the beautiful tribal memory pillars. We also visit tamda ghumar and mehendri ghumar waterfalls and see the tribal Archaeological museum. Visit Jagdalpur Palace to know more about Bastar. Traditional crafts made out from wrought iron and Bell metal will be your perfect introduction to Bastar at “Amcho Bastar Bazaar.” Enjoy your dinner & relax at the hotel.
Day 3 – December 24th, Sunday
Leave early morning to visit Dantewada to pay respects to the local deity of Bastar- Devi Danteshwari (one of the Shaktipeeths), Bhairam Baba Temple, and confluence of Shankini- Dankini river. Time to charge up for the adventurous trek to Dholkal, located at the height of 3000ft., where Lord Ganesh situated covered by lush green dense forests. With trekking, enjoy hiking & climbing as well. Spend the night on the base camp at Dholkal with bonfire & tribal cuisine.
Day 4 – December 25th, Monday
Start the day with the one of the most beautiful caves in Kanger Valley National Park- Dandak Caves. Kanger Valley National Park is amongst the densest national parks of our country, well known for its biodiversity with picturesque landscape, magnificent waterfalls & home to the “BASTAR HILL MYNA,” the state bird of Chhattisgarh. The next place will leave you awestruck! We will visit the cascading Tirathgarh waterfalls at Kanger Valley National Park. The Tirathgarh waterfall is a block type waterfall on the Kanger River. We start for our return journey to Raipur by 11 pm in our traveller.
Day 5 – December 26th, Tuesday
We board the train from Raipur at 11.30 am and reach LTT the next day at 5.50 am. Alternatively, you can take a flight after 12.30 pm on this day.
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- Trekking Shoes
- Extra Pair Of Socks
- 2 ltrs water bottles
- Torch with new cells
- Full sleeves jacket/sweater
- A bedsheet/shawl for train journey and camping
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Full Sleeves clothes for caving and trekking
- Extra sets of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Mosquito repellent