Bhorgiri To Bhimashankar Trek
Grade: Easy| Endurance: Easy
Feel the cool breeze play through your hair as you explore the green hilly terrain of Bhorgiri. From the famous Shivlinga temple to the ruins of the old Bhorgiri fort, this dainty village of Pune has a lot to offer to the enthusiasts. Take a detour through the inviting forests of Bhimashankar and reach your destination. Hop, Skip and Jump through the numerous water streams and savor the coolness of the place. Join Travel Trikon and witness the adventure of the trek through the misty trails, mythological stories and mesmerizing views.
About the place:
Situated at the height of 3,500 ft in the Pune district of Maharashtra, the trail to Bhimashankar is sealed with verdant green forests on all its sides. Forests so dense, that the sun seeps in weakly through them. Cooing of the birds and the faint forest sounds will accompany your throughout your trek. Pay your dues as you visit the famous Bhimashankar Jyothilinga temple. Under the spread out branches and through the numerous water streams, reach Bhimashankar and experience victory.
Batch 1 : 28th - 29th July 2018
Batch 1 : 18th - 19th August 2018
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Inclusive of Breakfast, Lunch and Evening snacks
- Forest Entry fees
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Experience the thrill of a Trek, within the boundaries of Mumbai
- Witness the green carpet of Sahyadris and the glory of nature
- Take a detour and start your trek through the village of Bhorgiri
- Explore the dainty village of Bhorigiri
- Jump across the numerous water streams in all variants
- Panoramic view of the surrounding valley
- Cross misty and thrill filled trails through the dense forests
- Explore one of the old trade route which leads you to famous Bhimashankar temple
Day 0: Saturday Night
10.30 pm : Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
10.45 pm : Departure from Dadar
11.15 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
11.30 pm : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 0: Sunday
05.00 am Reach the Base Village - Bhorgiri
06.00 am Start with the briefing and introduction round
06.30 am Explore the Shiva Temple and the Bhorgiri Fort
07.30 am Have tea and breakfast prepared by locals
08.00 am Start trekking towards Bhimashankar through old Jungle trade route with crossing Water streams
02.00 pm Reach Bhimashankar and unwind to the scenic beauty
02.30 pm Have Lunch (local homemade food) with nature as your companion
03.30 pm Visit the famous Bhimashankar Temple and do some shopping as per your choice
04.30 pm Start return journey for Mumbai
06.30 pm Evening Snacks on the way
10.30 PM Reach Mumbai (tentatively)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.