If you want to do something different this time when you set out to enjoy nature, this beach trek is for you! With every step you take, there will be sound of waves crashing onto colorful rocks, golden sand and breathtaking views with every little hill you climb. Also, did we mention there’s a ferry ride, camping on a beach and sleeping under the stars? Yeah, it’s magical. You might even spot dolphins if you’re lucky! Need we say more?
Situated by the Konkan Railway route, the trail between Kumta and Gokarna connects more than 10 clean and beautiful beaches on the northern tip of Karnataka. Most are untouched by regular tourists and only shelter few shacks for beach lovers. Start the trail at Kumta, walk through Vannali Beach, Kadle Beach, Nirvana Beach, Paradise Beach, Half-Moon Beach and Om Beach to name a few. End the trek at Gokarna, which is home to a famous Shiva Temple.
Please Note: This is a two-day trek covering approximately 15 kms in all. Every participant must carry 2 full bottles of water since there may not be shops or water outlets in between stops.
There will be a vehicle to carry luggage like sleeping bags, tents, camping equipment etc. So you need to carry only a day pack for water, food, cap etc. Please divide your luggage in 2 bags accordingly. The bag that is to be left in the vehicle should be locked.
What is included in the tour
- Non-AC Sleeper train tickets Mumbai-Kumta and Gokarna-Mumbai
- Food- 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner
- Triple / Quadruple Sharing Tented accommodation at beach camp
- Local transport at Kumta and Gokarna
- Travel Trikon expertise charges
- Vehicles to carry your luggage
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food ordered in train journey
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Hike through more than 10 pristine beaches along the Arabian Sea coast
- Ferry ride across the Aghanashini River
- Camp on a beach and sleep under the stars
- Enjoy local cuisine especially cooked for you
- Bonfire fun & games at night
- Witness gorgeous sunset and sunrise by the sea
Day 0 - Friday Night
- 09:30 pm Meet the Travel Trikon Team at CST and catch 12133/Mangalore Superfast Express for overnight journe
Day 1 - Saturday
- 09:00 am Reach Kumta, breakfast near the station
- 10:00 am Catch a bus to Kumta Beach
- 10:30 am Start the hike through number of beaches
- 01:00 pm Packed lunch on the way
- 06:00 pm Reach Belekan Beach, freshen up, set up camp for the night
- 09:00 pm Bonfire fun & games
Sleep under the stars in your sleeping bag or you also have the option to use the tents. Please carry sheets to be used in the tent at night if you don’t have a sleeping bag.
Day 2 - Sunday
- 06:00 am Wake up to the sight of rising sun over the sea, freshen up
- 08:00 am Enjoy breakfast and chai
- 08:30 am Start the trek to Gokarna through Paradise , Half-Moon Beach, Om Beach
- 03:00 pm Reach Gokarna Beach, enjoy lunch at nearby hotel
- 05:30 pm Proceed towards Gokarna Road Station
- 06:38 pm Catch 12620/Matsyagandha Express from Gokarna Road Station
Day 3 - Monday
- 05:53 am Reach Thane Station
- 06:35 am Reach LTT Station
Things to Carry
- 3 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card