Leh – Ladakh Tour & Adventure (Leh to Srinagar)
A dream destination for any spirited traveler, Leh is a paradise in the lap of the Himalayas, and offers you the glorious landscapes full of mountains and valleys. The Ladakh region (meaning ‘Land of High Passes’) has also been described as 'The Mysterious Land of the Mystic Lamas' and 'The Broken Moonland', owing to its unique combination of unparalleled landscapes and soulful Tibetan culture.
Travel Trikon brings you the adventure of a lifetime at Leh, Ladakh. Our carefully planned itinerary offers you the best experience possible – the joyous adventure of a road trip, the thrill of white water river-rafting in the Zanskar and the serenity of staying in a houseboat in Kashmir! We promise the trip will be a treat to all your senses, making it an experience you’ll cherish forever! So what are you waiting for?? Come, get enchanted by the mystic beauty that is Leh!
Batch 1 : 13th July - 20th July 2019
Batch 2 : 11th August - 18th August 2019
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Leh & Srinagar to Mumbai by Air
- Accommodation in double and triple sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary
- Breakfast & Dinner at all hotels and home-stays
- Comfortable Non-AC Force Traveller vehicle for all days, as per the itinerary
- Rafting, camel ride expenses and stay at house-boat
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- 5% GST
- Visit the famous Pangong Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
- Road trip through Kargil, time to lose yourself in the heavenly Sonmarg Valley and Zoji La!
- Visit Drass, the second coldest place in the world!
- Float away to La La Land, staying in a houseboat in the Dal Lake, Srinagar!
Day 1: Sunday Arrival & Acclimatization
Take a Early Morning Flight for Leh at 04:00 am from Mumbai. Arrive at Leh. Due to sudden temperature and weather change, the body needs some time for Acclimatization. Spend the day in local sight-seeing and take rest.
Day 2: Monday : Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La - 125 kms (4-5 hours) /Overnight stay at Nubra Valley
We make our way across the Khardung La Pass, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter the mystic Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley-floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown in this area. Here we visit the Diskit Monastery, which is 550 years old and the largest monastery in the Nubra Valley. The day ends with an overnight tent stay under the magnificent night sky full of stars!
Day 3: Tuesday : Nubra to Leh, Visit Sand Dunes and Camel Safari - 125 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay in Leh
After an early breakfast, we visit the white sand dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at this altitude. Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels here, the only place in the entire world where they can be found!
In the second half of the day, visit Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. Also, if time permits, visit Stok Palace and Museum. Stok offers amazing views of the Stok Range, including the highest peak there, Stok Kangri(20,187 feet), a well-known peak for budding mountaineers. Drive back to Leh, and end with an overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Wednesday : Leh to Pangong Tso – 150 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay at Pangong Tso
The most fascinating highlight of any Leh trip, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-thirds of the lake lies in China. To get there, we travel via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world, at 17,586 feet. Enjoy the evening by the lakeside revelling in the glorious colours of nature, a class apart from any other such sight. If you happen to be here around New Moon, enjoy the splendid view of a star-studded Milky Way galaxy at night. Sleep tight!
Day 5: Thursday : Pangong Tso to Leh – 150 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay in Leh
Morning’s here! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise over Pangong Tso, and later head back towards Leh. On our way, we halt by the famed school from the blockbuster Hindi movie ‘3 Idiots’ and visit the Hemis Monastery. On reaching Leh, rest and retire for the day.
Day 6: Friday : Leh to Kargil via Lamayuru and River Rafting in the Zanskar – 240 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay in Kargil
Drive to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our 28 km river rafting adventure! This route has rapids of up to 3+ Grade. Enjoy the majestic views of the mountains around, along with the thrill of navigating past the rapids in the chilling waters of the Zanskar! Reach Kargil and get some rest!
Day 7: Saturday : Kargil to Srinagar via Drass – 200 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay at Srinagar ( House Boat – Dal Lake)
Leave early in the morning, stopping for tea at Drass, the second coldest place in the world. As we cross over the amazing Zoji La, we enter the heavenly valley of Sonmarg. The spectacular views of the valley will definitely leave you spellbound! Continue the drive to Srinagar.
Day 8: Sunday : Departure
Time to fly back home from Srinagar! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder