Night Trek to Irshalgad
Famous for its easily identifiable pinnacle, Irshalgad is the sister fort of Prabalgad located near Panvel, along with other well-known forts that came under Shivaji’s reign. Once you reach the top, Irshalgad trek is a great way of enjoying the view of entire cluster of these forts. A night trek near Mumbai is how you can spend a memorable weekend with friends. It is also accessible for people looking for trekking near Pune because of its convenient location.
Visible from the Mumbai-Pune old highway, the pinnacle of Irshalgad has attracted all sorts of trekkers all these years. The villagers near the fort offer warn hospitality and guidance to whoever wishes to explore the historic place. While the fort is not as huge as its fellow structures on neighboring hills, it does add significance in terms of height. The climb to Irshalgad is a moderate one, although it promises magnificent view from the top.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Karjat to Karjat
- Food: Breakfast & Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Enjoy the thrill of a night trek
- Take in the panoramic view of Sahyadris at crack of dawn
- View of Prabalgad, Matheran, Manikgad, Karnala, Morbe dam from top
- Find old rock-cut cisterns and a natural hole Nedhe on top
- Indulge in local cuisine
- 01:50 am Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Karjat Station
- 02:30 am Reach base village and start introduction round
- 03:00 am Start trek till Machi (plateau)
- 05:00 am Reach Machi and take rest
- 07:00 am Freshen up and have breakfast
- 07:30 am Start trek to Irshalgad
- 09:30 am Reach the top and explore
- 11:00 am Start descending to Machi
- 01:00 pm Reach Machi and enjoy lunch
- 02:00 pm Start descending to base village
- 04:00 pm Reach base village and catch local transport to Karjat
- 04:30 pm Reach Karjat station and catch local train
06:30 pm Reach Mumbai
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Important Information: Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.