Anjarle Turtle Festival Bike Tour 2018
Travel Trikon Presents Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018 for all those who wish to embark on a memorable sojourn with fellow trikoners to witness the rare and scarce sea turtles at the Golden Sand Beach of Anjarle. This is the best time to visit Anjarle to experience breeding of turtle at Anjarle Turtle festival.
This Year visit Anjarle for the much talked about Anjarle Turtle Festival. Greet those tiny creatures and see them hatch eggs during the Anjarle turtle festival.
Situated on Maharashtra’s Konkan coastline, Anjarle is another gem, quite unexplored by tourists as of now. It earned its reputation for not only its beauty and tranquility but also for its Conservation Movement. Anjarle Turtle Festival is aimed at conserving eggs of Olive Ridley Turtles that are one of the endangered species. Upon maturity, these hatchlings are then released into the sea under watchful eyes of volunteers. Witnessing the birth of these tiny turtles and their maiden journey towards the sea is a sight to behold. It signifies the value of life, no matter how small, in this big beautiful world!
Eco-tourism Trip and Awareness
Anjarle Turtle Festival is not just about little turtles hatching season and the beautiful beaches, there something more to it. Olive Ridley Turtles are one of the more endangered species of turtle. To protect and conserve these turtles, the Marine Conservation Society hosts this turtle festival at Anjarle every year to spread awareness and promote eco-tourism.
What is included in the tour
- Entry charges
- Boat Ride to Suvarnadurg Fort
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Saturday Breakfast, Lunch , Evening Tea / Coffee , Dinner & Sunday Breakfast , Lunch
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/ cold drinks
- Any personal expense
- Petrol & Maintenance
- Any RTO fine
- Anything not specifically mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST
- Witness the joy of turtle hatchlings as they walk into the sea
- Learn about Olive Ridley turtle conservation
- Enjoy sunrise and sunset at the beach
- Visit Suvarnadurg Fort by boat
- Visit the famous Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple
- Also get to see other temples dedicated to Vishnu and Shiva
- Indulge in mouth-watering Konkani cuisine
- Experience rustic village homestay
Day 1: Saturday, 31st March 2018
05:30 am Meet Travel Trikon Team at Mc Donalds, Kalamboli
06:00 am Start The Bike Trip to Anjarle. Breakfast en route
11:30 am Reach Anjarle and freshen up
12:00 am Set out to visit Suvarnadurg fort by boat ride. Yippie!
12:30 pm Reach the Fort and Explore.
01:30 pm Enjoy Veg Konkani food at Anjarle and take rest
05:00 pm Head back to Anjarle beach for Turtle sighting
06:30 pm Go for backwater ride
07:30 pm Return to homestay for dinner. Go for a night-stroll and retire for the day
Day 2: Sunday, 1st April 2018
05:30 am Wake up call and freshen up
06:00 am Walk towards Anjarle beach for Turtle sighting
09:00 am Return to homestay, have breakfast and leave for Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple, Shree Keshavraj Temple and Shree Vyaghreshwar Temple
01:00 pm Enjoy lunch at Dapoli
03:00 pm Start return journey to Mumbai
08:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Legal Bike Papers, Driving Licence, PUC, Insurance, ID Card
- Full faced helmet & other safety gears
- Reflector bibs
- Long pants
- Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
- Torch with spare batteries
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tool Kit
- Bikes only 150cc and above are allowed
- Make sure the bike is in a good condition for ride
- Safety gears are must both for rider & pillion
- Road Rules (1 file or 2 file) to be decided by group leader
- It’s not a race so be in file and don’t try to overtake other riders
- No wrong side riding or stunt on the highway
- No alcohol on rides
- Rider accompanying a pillion must settle the petrol charges on their own
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process; Travel Trikon won’t be held responsible for low or no hatchings, though the dates are fixed as per the maximum probability.
- The above beaches in and around Anjarle have strong RIP currents so you won’t be allowed to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards and attempt swimming.
- Anjarle has good facility of washroom at the home stays.
- Network is quite poor at Anjarle though the other destinations offer fair connectivity.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.